Old 02-01-2008, 03:34 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Hawaiian Passionfruit

"HC" wrote in message
Thanks!! Uh oh, the Pembroke one is only about 30 mins away and I didn't
even know about it! (crawling under the desk) LOL I'll phone them and
post the results, that way it might help other people too.

Thanks again for all the help.

You are most welcome. I hope that have some in stock.

Bronwyn ;-)

FarmI wrote:
"HC" wrote in message

No, Kylie....Banana Passionfruit are elongated and Hawaiian's are round.
They looked like Panama Red (which I've discovered they are related to)
but the skin is a yellow/green. Pulp is quite pale, very very sweet and
not at all acidic. Really lovely tasting and that's why I want one!!
LOL

I looked in my Aussie Plant finder and it says that there are 2 nurseries
which have this variety (or at least they describe it as being 'Hawaian
Gold'). these nuseries a
Tropiculture Australia in the NT ph no; 08 8988 1119 - they don't do mail
order but if you are in the NT it may help, and
Pembroke Gardens Pembrooke NSW, ph no 02 6585 9329 and they will do mail
order.

Bear in mind that this publication is now a few years old.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:51 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC HC is offline

Well this morning I phoned Pembroke Gardens and while they don't have
any Hawaiian Passionfruit (plants) in stock atm, they are expecting them
to arrive in a couple of weeks, so they will phone me and I'll go take a
look see!!

The lady told me they have all sorts of unusual fruits etc so if anyone
is interested I can report back once I've visited them.

Thanks Fran for posting their contact info, and to everyone else who has
replied re the passionfruit.

Bronwyn ;-)

FarmI wrote:

"HC" wrote in message

No, Kylie....Banana Passionfruit are elongated and Hawaiian's are round.
They looked like Panama Red (which I've discovered they are related to)
but the skin is a yellow/green. Pulp is quite pale, very very sweet and
not at all acidic. Really lovely tasting and that's why I want one!!
LOL

I looked in my Aussie Plant finder and it says that there are 2 nurseries
which have this variety (or at least they describe it as being 'Hawaian
Gold'). these nuseries a
Tropiculture Australia in the NT ph no; 08 8988 1119 - they don't do mail
order but if you are in the NT it may help, and
Pembroke Gardens Pembrooke NSW, ph no 02 6585 9329 and they will do mail
order.

Bear in mind that this publication is now a few years old.

Hawaiian plant name Sacha United Kingdom 6 17-04-2009 12:12 PM
C. Hawaiian Wedding Song x BLC. Elizabeth Hearn - GrlIntrpted Orchids 6 14-12-2003 08:37 PM
Hawaiian gardening Terry Horton Texas 0 26-06-2003 04:53 PM
Hawaiian gardening Terry Horton Texas 0 26-06-2003 04:52 PM
Hawaiian Baby Wood Rose MMMavocado Plant Science 2 26-04-2003 01:30 PM