Old 17-09-2008, 02:57 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Be aware.

"Jon" wrote in message
Gooday all
Be aware there are some in this gardening area who are looking to attack
your computers by giving false links and phishing sites.
They will gain your confidence and take over your computer by various
means.

It pays to stay clear of these persons.

Dont click on any links and make sure your anti spyware and anti virus
programs are up to date.
And last of all, they can impersonate others as well...
They have done so to me lately..

And also there is a new Trojan going around that is attached to a very
poorly written notice about how "you've been doing illegal downloads on the
internet and your ISP is going to disconnect you. See your record of
illegal activities in the attachment". And my ISP hasn't yet filtered such
stuff out and I'm not even sure if the lalest download of my security
software can pick it up yet.

Old 17-09-2008, 12:15 PM posted to aus.gardens

"mulligrub" ] wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be givenwrote:
"Jon" wrote in message
[...]

You would open and read such a topic/subject?

Oh.. you have. Cos you have.

[shakes head in awe]

Don't be stupid. Of course I haven't opened the attachment. The first
thing I did when I read the illiterate email I received was to go onto the
Web and do a hunt for Trojans. It's new and all warnings I could find on
the Net seem to be dated from 15 September. See if your virus sofware will
pick it up:
http://www.pc1news.com/news/0222/don...suspended.html

Old 18-09-2008, 12:45 AM posted to aus.gardens

"Jon" wrote in message
[...]

Be very sure the description does not fit.

Thanks for the advice but I don't need it. I wasn't the one to assume that
another poster was stupid enough to open an attachment solely on the basis
of a warning response to the OP.

Of course I haven't opened the attachment.

Good to hear.
I knew that Jon (who is that man?) was taking a liberty
in judging Gardeners so lowly!

Once again I see that comment as being a case of the pot calling the kettle
black. I didn't read Jon's post as being a personal affront to me or as
taking liberties about any gardener either specifically or globally.

I read it as a post from someone who had recently had the frustration of a
problem on his PC. Since I too had just received the Trojan spam and was
ticked off that neither my antivirus software or that of my ISP had managed
to filter it out, I could well identify with his being ****ed off. If you
can't than that is your problem.

The first thing I did when I read the illiterate email I received was to
go onto the
Web and do a hunt for Trojans. It's new and all warnings I could find on
the Net seem to be dated from 15 September. See if your virus sofware
will
pick it up:
http://www.pc1news.com/news/0222/don...suspended.html

The first thing I did was to cut and paste http://www.pc1news.com.
Next I found the article myself using the links on that page.
No.. it is not that I do not trust *you*, I don't _trust_ your skills.
How do I know you are a Guru? How do I know you are not a Guru?
I do the work myself.
That is Smart.

Indeed, it is smart but once again, I will point out to you, that you
automatically assumed that I was stupid enough to open an attachment. That
isn't smart because you did so on the basis of no evidence whatsoever. I
never said I opened the attachment so if you had doubts it would have been
smart to do the work you should have done and asked me if I had opened it.
You didn't do that work. Not smart.

Old 19-09-2008, 06:57 AM posted to aus.gardens

"mulligrub" ] wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be givenwrote:

/prune

Don't be stupid.
Be very sure the description does not fit.

Thanks for the advice but I don't need it.

/prune

Oi..!!
I was referring to myself.

Fair enough.

For the rest?
I discount it three ways.
One, you do not read so good.

I will admit that I do have trouble reading forms of English that don't
follow the normal conventions. Your posts often don't make sense but I had
assumed that was a deliberate policy on your part.

Two, you are dodging - after the fact.

If it makes you feel good to think so, go right ahead.

Threeeeee, you need to take your own advice.
"Get over yourself."

Fair enough.

eh, maaaaaaaaaate!

Now, can everyone just settle and can that
Spammers arse by dropping the Topic?

OK by me, but as the ng is otherwise a bit slow at the moment (and in the
best traditions of thread drift), perhaps you can start by saying what are
you doing in the garden?

Old 19-09-2008, 11:53 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Never mind Ignore me.

I tried.

Old 20-09-2008, 11:29 AM posted to aus.gardens

"mulligrub" ] wrote in message
"FarmI" ask@itshall be givenwrote:

OK by me, but as the ng is otherwise a bit slow at the moment (and in the
best traditions of thread drift), perhaps you can start by saying what are
you doing in the garden?

The newsgroup is slow as posters are not going to contribute whilst
you yourself (and others so inclined) are feeding a troll,

You are right of course. You are a troll. From now on you go into my
killfile. .

Re Be aware. Jon[_7_] Australia 0 18-09-2008 09:37 AM
Is anyone aware of an energy efficient submersible pump. Mickey Ponds 5 31-05-2004 03:03 PM
OT Ingrid ad-aware 6 is available Hal Ponds 6 24-02-2004 05:03 PM
Things to be aware of when transplanting Koi? Michael Shaffer Ponds 7 15-07-2003 10:08 PM