A Gardening forum. GardenBanter.co.uk

Go Back   Home » GardenBanter.co.uk forum » Regional Gardening Discussions » Australia
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

What do you get???



 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 22-08-2016, 08:27 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 101
Default What do you get???


Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax
Ads
  #2  
Old 22-08-2016, 08:47 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default What do you get???

On 22/08/2016 5:27 PM, F Murtz wrote:

Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ


http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax


Just the timer without batteries by the look of it.

Cheers Don...





--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics has just launched a new Shopping Cart.
Now located at: https://www.shop-dontronics.com

All Olimex products now 75% to 95% off normal Olimex Prices.
https://www.shop-dontronics.com/olimex-discounts
Many other items discounted up to 95% off.
Also discounts on Sparkfun, CCS, SimmStick, etc.
  #3  
Old 22-08-2016, 09:19 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default What do you get???

On 22/08/2016 3:27 PM, F Murtz wrote:

Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ


http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax


I'd say the green one. I got one of the white ones and it has a recharge
battery installed.
  #4  
Old 22-08-2016, 09:38 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 101
Default What do you get???

Rheilly Phoull wrote:
On 22/08/2016 3:27 PM, F Murtz wrote:

Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ



http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax


I'd say the green one. I got one of the white ones and it has a recharge
battery installed.


The white thing looks like a timer out of some other system.I do not
think the white thing and the green thing are anything to do with each
other but the add goes into great detail pictorially with the green
thing and puts one picture of something totally different.
I personally guess that the $8.00 thing is the white thing and the green
thing should be $18.oo judging by other sites.(But I would like to get
the green one for $8.00)
  #5  
Old 22-08-2016, 11:03 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default What do you get???

On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:

Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax


Pick a shape!



In other words, the white one.

--
This email has not been checked by half-arsed antivirus software
  #6  
Old 22-08-2016, 05:50 PM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 101
Default What do you get???

Jasen Betts wrote:
On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:

Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax


Pick a shape!



In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying to
fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing have
nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are doing?
  #7  
Old 22-08-2016, 11:08 PM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 18
Default What do you get???

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 02:50:01 +1000, F Murtz
wrote:

Jasen Betts wrote:
On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:
Wonder what you get
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ
http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax


Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying to
fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing have
nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are doing?


I have a couple of the white ones sitting in my shed. The white ones
do not use AAA size batteries, so presumably it's the green ones for
sale.

Anyway, their feedback sucks, I'd avoid these guys.

On that theme, I see somebody gave these guys a Neg with a positive
comment: "Awesome product awesome people highly recommended".
How do you fvck up leaving feedback like that??
  #8  
Old 22-08-2016, 11:12 PM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default What do you get???


F Murtz wrote:


Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax


I'd say you will get the white one (a very common kind of timer on
Ebay and elsewhere, different voltage variants available), because in
the body of the listing, that is called "Programmable Timer Switch",
and that is the only "shape" you can select.

Perhaps they ran out of the green ones and it was easiest to remove
the selection for it?

A bit odd to list such different items together, but here is another
listing doing the same, where you can select either one, and the price
adjusts accordingly:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... yRLiZS3OWK1cw



Andy Wood

  #9  
Old 22-08-2016, 11:55 PM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default What do you get???

In aus.electronics Andy Wood wrote:

F Murtz wrote:


Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic...-Timer-Garden-
Irrigation-Controller-Digital-Watering-/142088240924?var=&hash=item
21151e7f1c:m:mAprfUy5Go0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax


I'd say you will get the white one (a very common kind of timer on
Ebay and elsewhere, different voltage variants available), because in
the body of the listing, that is called "Programmable Timer Switch",
and that is the only "shape" you can select.

Perhaps they ran out of the green ones and it was easiest to remove
the selection for it?

A bit odd to list such different items together, but here is another
listing doing the same, where you can select either one, and the price
adjusts accordingly:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic...Watering-Timer
-Garden-Irrigation-Controller-I5-/182245216860?var=&hash=item2a6ea9525
c:m:mV6ZRSZGMYyRLiZS3OWK1cw


Yeah, this is very common on Ebay for popular items. They make a
multi-item listing with a picture of the more expensive item, and
the price for the cheaper item appears in the search results. That
way they get better visibility in the results for the more expensive
item even though they have the same price as everyone else.

If you try to find something like an 8GB USB memory stick, it will
drive you nuts because all the prices that come up will be for 128MB
sticks, and you only get to see the 8GB price after bringing up a
listing page and selecting the correct item.

--
__ __
#_ |\| | _#
  #10  
Old 23-08-2016, 05:33 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 101
Default What do you get???

Je´┐Żus wrote:
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 02:50:01 +1000, F Murtz
wrote:

Jasen Betts wrote:
On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:
Wonder what you get
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ
http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying to
fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing have
nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are doing?


I have a couple of the white ones sitting in my shed. The white ones
do not use AAA size batteries, so presumably it's the green ones for
sale.


Were the white ones a complete unit that you put on a tap and timed
water comes out? they just look like a timer to plug into a seperate
water control unit.



Anyway, their feedback sucks, I'd avoid these guys.

On that theme, I see somebody gave these guys a Neg with a positive
comment: "Awesome product awesome people highly recommended".
How do you fvck up leaving feedback like that??


  #11  
Old 23-08-2016, 05:35 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 101
Default What do you get???

Computer Nerd Kev wrote:
In aus.electronics Andy Wood wrote:

F Murtz wrote:


Wonder what you get

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic...-Timer-Garden-
Irrigation-Controller-Digital-Watering-/142088240924?var=&hash=item
21151e7f1c:m:mAprfUy5Go0uSIjIMTimHAQ

http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax


I'd say you will get the white one (a very common kind of timer on
Ebay and elsewhere, different voltage variants available), because in
the body of the listing, that is called "Programmable Timer Switch",
and that is the only "shape" you can select.

Perhaps they ran out of the green ones and it was easiest to remove
the selection for it?

A bit odd to list such different items together, but here is another
listing doing the same, where you can select either one, and the price
adjusts accordingly:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic...Watering-Timer
-Garden-Irrigation-Controller-I5-/182245216860?var=&hash=item2a6ea9525
c:m:mV6ZRSZGMYyRLiZS3OWK1cw


Yeah, this is very common on Ebay for popular items. They make a
multi-item listing with a picture of the more expensive item, and
the price for the cheaper item appears in the search results. That
way they get better visibility in the results for the more expensive
item even though they have the same price as everyone else.


But I recon the white one is a totally different thing,not a complete
unit just a part of something else?

If you try to find something like an 8GB USB memory stick, it will
drive you nuts because all the prices that come up will be for 128MB
sticks, and you only get to see the 8GB price after bringing up a
listing page and selecting the correct item.


  #12  
Old 23-08-2016, 07:28 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 149
Default What do you get???

Once upon a time on usenet Je▀us wrote:
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 02:50:01 +1000, F Murtz
wrote:

Jasen Betts wrote:
On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:
Wonder what you get
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ
http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying
to fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing
have nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are
doing?


I have a couple of the white ones sitting in my shed. The white ones
do not use AAA size batteries, so presumably it's the green ones for
sale.

Anyway, their feedback sucks, I'd avoid these guys.

On that theme, I see somebody gave these guys a Neg with a positive
comment: "Awesome product awesome people highly recommended".
How do you fvck up leaving feedback like that??


I think that usually happens when someone changes their feedback due to the
item ceasing to function. They either forget to change both parts of the
feedback or are only able to change part of it.
--
Shaun.

"Humans will have advanced a long, long way when religious belief has a cozy
little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)
(*Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders)


  #13  
Old 23-08-2016, 01:38 PM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default What do you get???


F Murtz wrote:


But I recon the white one is a totally different thing,not a complete
unit just a part of something else?


I don't think it is "just a part of something else", but even if it
was made for use in some specific appliance/whatever, it does have
general use, and timers like that are widely available.

Here is a similar timer sold by Jaycar:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/12vdc-digit...odule/p/AA0361

(Way more expensive, of course.)


Andy Wood

  #14  
Old 23-08-2016, 10:39 PM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 18
Default What do you get???

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 14:33:45 +1000, F Murtz
wrote:

Je?us wrote:
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 02:50:01 +1000, F Murtz
wrote:

Jasen Betts wrote:
On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:
Wonder what you get
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ
http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying to
fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing have
nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are doing?


I have a couple of the white ones sitting in my shed. The white ones
do not use AAA size batteries, so presumably it's the green ones for
sale.


Were the white ones a complete unit that you put on a tap and timed
water comes out? they just look like a timer to plug into a seperate
water control unit.


No, the white ones are not a water timer - just purely an electronic
timer you can connect to whatever you want.

  #15  
Old 23-08-2016, 10:39 PM posted to aus.gardens,aus.electronics
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 18
Default What do you get???

On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 18:28:27 +1200, "~misfit~"
wrote:

Once upon a time on usenet Je▀us wrote:
On Tue, 23 Aug 2016 02:50:01 +1000, F Murtz
wrote:

Jasen Betts wrote:
On 2016-08-22, F Murtz wrote:
Wonder what you get
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Automatic... 0uSIjIMTimHAQ
http://tinyurl.com/zsldhax

Pick a shape!

In other words, the white one.

That is what I recon but the page looks open for a dispute or trying
to fool you or they are idiots, All the pictures of the green thing
have nothing to do with what is for sale,do they know what they are
doing?


I have a couple of the white ones sitting in my shed. The white ones
do not use AAA size batteries, so presumably it's the green ones for
sale.

Anyway, their feedback sucks, I'd avoid these guys.

On that theme, I see somebody gave these guys a Neg with a positive
comment: "Awesome product awesome people highly recommended".
How do you fvck up leaving feedback like that??


I think that usually happens when someone changes their feedback due to the
item ceasing to function. They either forget to change both parts of the
feedback or are only able to change part of it.


Oh, right. I wasn't aware you could change feedback once you left it.
 




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę2004-2017 GardenBanter.co.uk.
The comments are property of their posters.