Old 28-03-2004, 06:44 AM
Graham Feeley

Default SPATHIPHYLLUM

Hi I have a potted plant by that name (syn: gorgusis no1)and I would like to
create another plant by propagation, however I am not sure if it is
possible.
This is a very lagre green leaf and is an indoor plant and I would not like
to take a leaf off if that is not the way to reproduce another plant.
Does anyone know about this type of plant and more importantly how do I get
to do this.

Regards
Graham

Old 29-03-2004, 12:07 AM
Ken Oaf

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 15:37:53 +1000, "Graham Feeley"
wrote:

Hi I have a potted plant by that name (syn: gorgusis no1)and I would like to
create another plant by propagation, however I am not sure if it is
possible.
This is a very lagre green leaf and is an indoor plant and I would not like
to take a leaf off if that is not the way to reproduce another plant.
Does anyone know about this type of plant and more importantly how do I get
to do this.

Divide them to propagate.

Old 29-03-2004, 10:09 AM
Graham Feeley

Thanks Ken for the reply.
It does seem to be one stem with 12 large leaves , so not sure what you
mean.. by the way the type of plant is called Sensation.
Regards
Graham

news

Old 30-03-2004, 02:47 AM
Andrew

Spathiphyllums produce offshoots from the rhizome. When these get
large enough they can be divided from the main plant. If your plant
only has one crown you may have to wait a while for new crowns to
form.
Andrew

"Graham Feeley" wrote in message . au...
Thanks Ken for the reply.
It does seem to be one stem with 12 large leaves , so not sure what you
mean.. by the way the type of plant is called Sensation.
Regards
Graham

news