Old 20-10-2004, 12:24 AM
Mitchell McCreath

Default New Lawn Mower

Morning all,
Looking at the getting a new mower.
Like the idea of the victa key start as I have cerebral palsy.

Saw last years model on offer for $499. Any cons?
should I just get a 'zip' start?

Regards,
Mitch
Old 20-10-2004, 12:09 PM
Andrew G

"Mitchell McCreath" wrote in message ...
Morning all,
Looking at the getting a new mower.
Like the idea of the victa key start as I have cerebral palsy.

Saw last years model on offer for $499. Any cons?
should I just get a 'zip' start?

Regards,
Mitch

*************

Hi there
Don't get a zip start if you can't use one or will have trouble. I assume a key start would be a good idea for you. The only thing I'd be worried about is it's something else that could go wrong, zip starts are generally failsafe apart from snapping the cord.
In regards to brand of mower, Honda powered ones seem to be very good, but nearly any would do if it's only used for light yard work
Good luck
Old 20-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Mitchell McCreath

Thanks Andrew. There is one on sale at Kmart at the moment.....
http://www.kmart.com.au/catalogue/de...1_no=6745&ct=9

Looks ok. Its a mulch or catch type.
good price too.

Mitch
Old 20-10-2004, 10:27 PM
Ken Oaf

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 23:24:23 GMT, "Mitchell McCreath"
wrote:

Morning all,
Looking at the getting a new mower.
Like the idea of the victa key start as I have cerebral palsy.

Saw last years model on offer for $499. Any cons?
should I just get a 'zip' start?

I've heard good things about Honda mowers.