Old 19-12-2004, 11:14 AM
andr0meda

Default pale yellow-green Eureka lemon

This morning my handyman Roy came to fix the fence badly damaged in last
weekends cyclone (Tugun/Gold Coast). He saw the Eureka lemon tree with its
pale yellow-green leaves and commented that it must be deficient in some
nutrients. Hmm.....the Myer lemon is only 2 mtrs away in identical soil, but
a bit darker green. I have had some rusty nails spread about the base of the
Myer, having heard that they love iron. Should I do the same for my Eureka?
Regards,
Andr0

Old 19-12-2004, 11:37 PM
George W. Frost

"andr0meda" wrote in message
This morning my handyman Roy came to fix the fence badly damaged in last
weekends cyclone (Tugun/Gold Coast). He saw the Eureka lemon tree with its
pale yellow-green leaves and commented that it must be deficient in some
nutrients. Hmm.....the Myer lemon is only 2 mtrs away in identical soil,

but
a bit darker green. I have had some rusty nails spread about the base of

the
Myer, having heard that they love iron. Should I do the same for my

Eureka?
Regards,
Andr0

The best treatment for any lemon tree is to **** around the base
My Grandmother used to empty her bed pot on the lemon tree and the tree was
huge and always had plenty of fruit

Old 20-12-2004, 11:07 AM
andr0meda

WOW! Just to think what a water saving it would be if all house owners did
that!
I find it a bit impractical having to store the golden fluid first, but I
will try (I have very limited time for housekeeping). Thanks for the great
advice; btw, I have heard it before - now I see it wasn't a joke.

Regards,

Andr0

Old 26-12-2004, 04:09 PM
andr0meda

I did. Three months ago. That caused all original leaves (abut 1/3 of all)
to fall off.
Would I bother posting here about it, if the answer was that simple?
Andr0

"Rheilly Phoull" wrote in message

"andr0meda" wrote in message
WOW! Just to think what a water saving it would be if all house owners

did
that!
I find it a bit impractical having to store the golden fluid first, but

will try (I have very limited time for housekeeping). Thanks for the

great
advice; btw, I have heard it before - now I see it wasn't a joke.

Regards,

Andr0

a bit darker green. I have had some rusty nails spread about the

base
of

The best treatment for any lemon tree is to **** around the base
My Grandmother used to empty her bed pot on the lemon tree and the

tree
was
huge and always had plenty of fruit

As a radical suggestion, bung some citrus food around it.

--
Regards ..... Rheilly Phoull

Old 26-12-2004, 04:24 PM
andr0meda

BTW.... I have one Tahitian in a large container. It dosn't do anything at
all; any ideas how to fertilize a citrus in a pot without burninng its
roots?
Andr0