Old 28-01-2005, 11:32 PM
BCL

Default Collapsing Mulberry Tree

I have a couple of mublberry tree cuttings which seem to be growing to
quickly for their own good the weight of leaves are making the main
stem bend downwward then the tip of course tries to grow up so the
thing looks like an S on its side.

Should I cut it back? feed in more/less? they ares in pots at the
moment. I don't want to tie it up because that might make the problem
worst or is that the best solution until it loses its leaves.

Regards
Bruce
Old 29-01-2005, 02:06 AM
len gardener

g'day bruce,

sounds like they'll need some staking it won't make problems worse. or
lighten the leaf load do a prune, might have to do a bit of both. i
ahve 2 int eh ground one about 2 meters high lots of foliage and they
were being blown over they are still only young trees so i have staked
them to keep them up right until i can prune and the root sytem gets
stronger.

i've had to do this sort of things for a number of young trees sooner
or later they grow strong and the stakes can be removed.

le

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.
Old 29-01-2005, 08:37 AM
len gardener

just thought bruce,

if they are ready maybe consider planting them out?

len

snipped

Old 29-01-2005, 10:29 AM
John A. Keslick, Jr.

If staking is done, here is an industry excepted staking dive. Non
injurious to the bark with many benefits for the tree.
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman/camb/

Sincerely,

John A. Keslick, Jr.
http://www.chesco.com/~treeman 610-864-5251
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!
www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.
Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that
will give them understanding.

"len gardener" wrote in message
just thought bruce,

if they are ready maybe consider planting them out?

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do" but consider others and the

environment

Collapsing lupins Sacha United Kingdom 7 31-08-2003 12:42 AM
Mulberry tree and foundations (was Love my Mulberry tree!!!) Geoff Cashman Gardening 3 11-07-2003 01:56 AM
Collapsing poppy? Paul D.Smith United Kingdom 5 17-06-2003 12:32 PM
Cold outdoor vanda culture (Was: Cym leaves collapsing) Geir Harris Hedemark Orchids 1 22-04-2003 11:32 PM
Cym leaves collapsing Liam Orchids 6 21-04-2003 10:20 PM