Old 18-04-2005, 09:17 PM
John Savage

Default speaking of garlic .....

Someone recently here asked what was the best garlic to grow. I think
the concensus was 'whatever you can get your hands on'.

On a radio gardening program it was said that the garlic best suited to
Australian conditions is the one with the purple blush on the corm. This
seemed to be painting with a pretty broad brush to me, with Australia
having such a range of conditions between the extremes.

Old 19-04-2005, 09:13 AM
len gardener

hey john,

if you can get local grown garlic grow it me i grow whatever i can
get.

so long as you don't use that chinese junk huh?

i got hard necks and soft necks the hard necks give you flower corms
(need 2 seasons in the ground) good value the soft necks ya gotta save
some from the cooking to plant next season.

len

snipped
--
happy gardening

my e/mail addies have spam filters you should know what to delete before you send.

Garlic - garlic.jpg Ann Garden Photos 2 03-04-2008 11:31 AM
Speaking of garlic... John S. DeBoo Edible Gardening 4 29-05-2003 10:20 PM
Speaking of Ivies... Cowboy Plant Science 9 05-03-2003 07:56 AM
so speaking of snow... janet_a Orchids 19 27-02-2003 11:23 PM
[IBC] speaking of roots Steve Wolfinger Bonsai 1 28-01-2003 05:11 AM