Old 29-06-2005, 11:55 AM
Brerfox

Default Garden Newsgroups

I have been a keen gardener for years, but have only very recently ventured
into Newsgroups. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of this group's
queries and answers -- it's surprising what you can learn from other's
experiences.
Which got me to thinking -- are there any other newsgroups that cater for
the Australian gardener? And if so, where can I source same? I would love
to browse further and pick up more tips and information.
Cheers,
Brerfox

Old 29-06-2005, 08:35 PM
gardenlen

g'day brerfox,

as far as i know this is the only news group for aussies on the
usenet, there are other areas one a frequent often which need a free
subscription for participants to get involved is the following link:

http://www.au.gardenweb.com/forums/

you can always visit my site might be something there for you?

but by and large not a super lot around for aussies, probably more
interested in their gardens instead of learning computer and online so
they can share their wisdoms.

len

snipped
--

it works for me it could work for you

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do!!"
but consider others and the environment.
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~gardenlen1
Old 30-06-2005, 05:56 AM
HC

G'day Brerfox

As Len as said this seems to be the only Aus garden newsgroup.....at
least it was the only one I could find.

Getting this rain where you are? Here on the MidNorthCoast NSW there
are flood warnings with many rivers rising rapidly, in fact there have
been evacuations in Lismore so I feel for people affected in that way.
Neeedles to say they won't be interested in their gardens for a
while.....just surviving the flood waters will be enough. Long term
let's hope this flood might be the end of the drought?? Or is that
hoping for too much???

Bronwyn ;-)

Old 30-06-2005, 06:54 AM
leftred

"Brerfox" wrote in message
u...
I have been a keen gardener for years, but have only very recently ventured
into Newsgroups. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of this group's
queries and answers -- it's surprising what you can learn from other's
experiences.
Which got me to thinking -- are there any other newsgroups that cater
for the Australian gardener? And if so, where can I source same? I
would love to browse further and pick up more tips and information.
Cheers,
Brerfox

There is an American based Newsgroup which can be interesting. It is
rec.gardens.edible

Of course, a lot of their discussion is about colder climate conditions than
ours, but there are many States in USA with similar conditions to here and
some things are useful.

There is also a lot of good info to be gleaned from websites and
newsletters. I have found some good info in the newsletter from
http://www.global-garden.com.au/default.htm
as well as what you can see on their site.

If you haven't already tried, a Google search on individual gardening
subjects of interest to you can bring out a host of sites that may be
useful.

Old 03-07-2005, 01:38 AM
John Savage

"Brerfox" writes:
Which got me to thinking -- are there any other newsgroups that cater for
the Australian gardener? And if so, where can I source same? I would love
to browse further and pick up more tips and information.

A small global group for the vege gardener is rec.gardening.edible
but the people there always seem 6 months ahead in their planting!!

But you will find days of reading at the google archive of past posts:

http://groups.google.com.au/group/aus.gardens

Old 21-07-2005, 04:21 AM
Registered User

Smile

Hi Brerfox, am new to this forum, however I do belong to another Aussie forum that I think may interest you, the URL as follows:http://www.gardenexpress.com.au/forum/
I purchase quite a lot of my plants from this nursery and have won 2 x $50 vouchers as a participant of their forum. Hope to see you there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brerfox