Old 03-07-2005, 01:34 AM
John Savage

Default quiet isn't it?

Very quiet here at the moment, isn't it?

So, Len, you've told us about your fruit fly traps and enviro loo, what
other green projects have piqued your interest?

And how's that garlic enterprise coming along? You millionaires yet?

Old 03-07-2005, 04:41 AM
gardenlen

lol lol g'day john,

yes winter can be quiet i don't have much in the garden to do except
watch things grow and then harvest when ready, and pick mandarins,
pawpaws and lemonade fruit.

not much apart from watch all the young trees growing.

reckon i might have tha market cornered there hey lol just way too
early to harvest just yet, a bit worried that if we don't get a break
in the rain it may rot in the ground.

been a very mild winter the first sugar laof cabbages didn't set real
good heads but good tucker all the same, got a few bugs around with
the mild winter, frogs are out of hibernation and mating.

um the millionaure bit yeh mmm dunno be lucky if anyone comes near me
if i have to eat it all meself hey lol, at least i won't catch any
communicable diseases hey? maybe i should be selling those fruit fly
hints and tips hey?

picked an early lot of new potatoes from 2 plants that grew too fast
with this winter but got some good new spuds to boil in the jacket and
eat as cold fare.

yeh the garlic patches look like lawns.

c ya mate

len

snipped
--

it works for me it could work for you

"in the end ya' gotta do what ya' gotta do!!"
but consider others and the environment.
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~gardenlen1
Old 10-07-2005, 01:58 AM
John Savage

gardenlen writes:
reckon i might have tha market cornered there hey lol just way too
early to harvest just yet, a bit worried that if we don't get a break
in the rain it may rot in the ground.

It's difficult to believe, with most of Oz crying out for rain, that some
parts of Qld have already exceeded their annual average.

picked an early lot of new potatoes from 2 plants that grew too fast
with this winter but got some good new spuds to boil in the jacket and
eat as cold fare.

Home-grown new spuds, with butter and salt, are just the best.

yeh the garlic patches look like lawns.

Good luck with your garlic venture, Len. Do you plan to sell it all at local
farmers markets?

Old 10-07-2005, 04:45 AM
gardenlen

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 00:58:59 GMT, John Savage
wrote:

gardenlen writes:
reckon i might have tha market cornered there hey lol just way too
early to harvest just yet, a bit worried that if we don't get a break
in the rain it may rot in the ground.

It's difficult to believe, with most of Oz crying out for rain, that some
parts of Qld have already exceeded their annual average.

yes lots ahve had good falls but many more haven't had much or any.

picked an early lot of new potatoes from 2 plants that grew too fast
with this winter but got some good new spuds to boil in the jacket and
eat as cold fare.

Home-grown new spuds, with butter and salt, are just the best.

ah no just steemed and eaten cold as a nibble just great i rekon.

yeh the garlic patches look like lawns.

Good luck with your garlic venture, Len. Do you plan to sell it all at local
farmers markets?

not sure john may just help friends out and keep most as we use a lot
in our family.

take care

len

With love and brightest of blessings,