Old 18-10-2006, 02:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

Default Ph. vivax

There is not much activity on this forum, as I can see. Four posts in a
month and a half? Obviously people who care about bamboo do not come here
very often. Or they know everything about bamboo so there's nothing to ask
or discuss about?

Nevertheless, it is transplanting season! At least in continental Croatia,
it's early to mid fall now, not too hot, not too cold, perhaps a bit too
dry.

I just did some "houskeeping" lately, my Ph. vivax started to spread a bit
so i had to dig some out. Three divisions with clums I transplanted in the
front of the house, with rather big portion of roots and soil. They do good
so far.

What I'm not sure about, is roots I dug out. I was a bit surprised that all
the roots were very shallow, 5-10 cm deep. I put some in pots, and the rest
I planted outside, aproximately as deep (or shallow) as it was.

Where should I put those pots? Outside, in the garage, somewhere else?
Suggestions? And roots planted outside? Mulch it?

Am I to expect success with it? Do you people have some own experiences with
such planting?

Tihomir

Old 18-10-2006, 07:02 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo

"Tihomir" wrote in message

[...]

You might want to subscribe to some of the Yahoo bamboo groups or
this list
http://lists.gryphongardens.com/mail...bamboohobbyist

or this one

http://www.topica.com/lists/BambooGrove