Old 18-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Andrew Mackay

Default Fargesia murielae "Jumbo"

I have just puchased a number of Fargesia murielae "Jumbo" bamboo
(umbrella bamboo?) plants about 60cm high which I intend to plant at
50cm intervals to form a kind of hedge along our property boundary.

I am taking a bit of a risk with such a large initial investment as I
have no experience with bamboo.

My concerns a

They are fully exposed to sun most of the day (not that we have lots
of sun in west Germany). Will this be too much?

Are they able to be tied together to form a compact hedge, rather than
a great big spreading mass? At what height is this recommended?

I would like to plant more bamboo in a hedge format in a simalar sunny
spot. Is there are better suited bamboo, that will not develop long
roots?

Thanks in advance for your replies

Andrew Mackay
Aachen, Germany

mumbo jumbo solaara United Kingdom 19 30-07-2005 01:12 AM
Fargesia murieliae 'Jumbo' in flower Justin Thyme Bamboo 1 05-05-2005 10:58 AM
Fargesia murieliae 'Jumbo' in flower Justin Thyme Bamboo 0 18-07-2004 01:02 PM
Help needed with Arundinaria Murielae paulr Bamboo 3 26-10-2003 02:22 AM
Acidanthera Murielae papa United Kingdom 3 24-11-2002 08:18 AM