Old 28-04-2004, 12:05 AM
Gello

Default Humanure and bamboo??

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with humanure and
bamboo growing. I have read "the Humanure Handbook" and am going to start
processing my waste. I was wondering if there was any good research on the
use of humanure and bamboo growth or if anyone had any useful info.

Thanks,
Gello

Old 28-04-2004, 01:04 AM
Bert

I don't think it will hurt your bamboo but I would not eat the shoots
because of the heavy metals human waste contains.

Bert

ink.net...

Old 28-04-2004, 04:08 PM
Gello

I realize that I didn't explain what I am proposing very well so here is the
link to the online version of the book.
http://www.weblife.org/humanure/default.html

Thank you,
Gello

Old 28-04-2004, 04:08 PM
J. Del Col

"Gello" wrote in message hlink.net...
I have heard the warning about heavy metals. Where do they come from?

The heavy metal problem relates to products such as Milorganite which
is processed sewage sludge. The heavy metals come from other products
feeding into the sewer system, not the human digestive tract. People
dump all kinds of things into the sewers.

J. Del Col

Old 28-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Starlord

Also, you had better check your local codes to see if that is allowed.

--
Dragons Must Fly when Thread's in the Sky

www.starlords.org

link.net...

"Gello" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with

humanure and
bamboo growing. I have read "the Humanure Handbook" and am going

to start
processing my waste. I was wondering if there was any good

research on
the
use of humanure and bamboo growth or if anyone had any useful

info.

Thanks,
Gello

---

Old 29-04-2004, 01:08 AM
hollenback

I put a couple of inches of compost from the local WWTP on my bamboos each
spring and they love it. I also put it in the potting soil for the plants I
have in pots and in the holes for new plantings. They check the compost for
pathogens and heavy metals before selling it and have the reports available.

Bill

Old 29-04-2004, 03:12 AM
Cereus-validus

Do you brew beer from your own urine too?

How about knitting clothes from your own hair?

Doesn't Hermine grow her bamboos in dog feces?

Old 29-04-2004, 01:03 PM
Cereus-validus

Other goofy things you can do with your own body waste.

Do you like to make little animals from your own feces too?

link.net...

Old 29-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Gello

Are you insane or simply twelve years old? Do a little research if you
think the idea of humanure is "goofy". Many waste production facilities are
experimenting with the SAFE production of humanure not to mention the
thousands of people out there with composting toilets. If you are too
juvenile to go beyond poo poo and pee pee jokes then please don't respond!

Old 29-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Cereus-validus

Yada Yada, Humanuremoron.

You have me convinced that you are the shit flinging insane twelve years
old, scat troll.

Thousands also believe that Elvis is still alive.

ink.net...

Old 29-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Starlord

Go to any garden center and check out someof the goods sold to feed
lawns and plants. NitroHumes IS dryed and composted human waste, and
it's sold by the tons every year. I've seen many alfafa fields that
they dump treated human waste on.

Plus when I was stationed in Germany I saw all the farms had loads of
human waste dumped on their lands and then plow it under and plant
their food seeds in the soil. It's done all over Europe.

And I just gave that waring to the other guy, some citys have some odd
codes and to tangle with them is not good at all. A little caution is
always good advice.

As far as you go, I'd invite you to take a long walkoff a short pier.

--
Dragons Must Fly when Thread's in the Sky

www.starlords.org

"Cereus-validus" wrote in message
.. .
Yada Yada, Humanuremoron.

You have me convinced that you are the shit flinging insane twelve

years
old, scat troll.

Thousands also believe that Elvis is still alive.

"Gello" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

The results of Humanure research! Gello Edible Gardening 2 02-06-2004 09:03 PM
Humanure!?! Gello Edible Gardening 27 18-05-2004 08:07 PM
The results of Humanure research. Gello Bamboo 0 02-05-2004 11:06 PM
Humanure martin United Kingdom 5 13-02-2004 11:28 AM
Humanure martin United Kingdom 0 12-02-2004 11:36 PM