Old 20-02-2005, 08:15 PM
lotte potter

Default Advice needed - bambo in a tub and bambo in water - both looking sickly

Could any one help please
I have some bambo in a small tub outside in my garden in Kent UK, it
is beginning to look a little less than lush.

Can anyone advise what compost I should use when repotting. I don't
know the variety. It has slim leaves.

I also have some bambo stems in water, which I have kept for 3 years
now, but they are looking rather pale. Can I help them.

Many thanks
Old 20-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Travis

lotte potter wrote:
Could any one help please
I have some bambo in a small tub outside in my garden in Kent UK, it
is beginning to look a little less than lush.

Can anyone advise what compost I should use when repotting. I don't
know the variety. It has slim leaves.

I also have some bambo stems in water, which I have kept for 3 years
now, but they are looking rather pale. Can I help them.

Many thanks

You have a dracena not bamboo.

USDA Zone 8b
Sunset Zone 5
Old 22-02-2005, 07:33 PM
Christina Cameron

Most bamboos look a little bedraggled at this time of year. Try to protect
it from the wind as they can dry out even in winter. A general purpose
compost will be fine for re-potting. Your other plant is a "lucky bamboo"
(dracaena). Try adding a couple of drops of baby bio to its water.

om...