Old 15-04-2005, 06:51 AM
das

Default Shoot Report

P. vivax 1'-2' since emerging this past weekend (4 yrs. old single culm
transplant), has approximately 30 new culms, some very close to main
planting, others running up to 15' since last year with up to 4 new culms on
some runners. P. aureosulcata 2"-4" since emerging over the weekend, but
just really starting out, should be major eruption of new culms by next
week. I'm afraid a green monster has been awakened!

David Sizemore
Kingsport, TN (NE corner)
Zone 6a

Old 15-04-2005, 02:57 PM
World Traveler

The first year it sleeps; the second year it creeps; the third year it
leaps. Now you're into year four --

Old 15-04-2005, 10:04 PM
RainLover

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 01:51:16 -0400, "das"
wrote:

P. vivax 1'-2' since emerging this past weekend (4 yrs. old single culm
transplant), has approximately 30 new culms, some very close to main
planting, others running up to 15' since last year with up to 4 new culms on
some runners. P. aureosulcata 2"-4" since emerging over the weekend, but
just really starting out, should be major eruption of new culms by next
week. I'm afraid a green monster has been awakened!

David Sizemore
Kingsport, TN (NE corner)
Zone 6a

Any Shoot Reports from the Puget Sound area? I'm in Port Orchard and
no sign of black bamboo yet.

James, Seattle
Zone 8a

Old 16-04-2005, 12:37 AM
Travis

wrote:

P. vivax 1'-2' since emerging this past weekend (4 yrs. old single
culm transplant), has approximately 30 new culms, some very close
to main planting, others running up to 15' since last year with up
to 4 new culms on some runners. P. aureosulcata 2"-4" since
emerging over the weekend, but just really starting out, should be
major eruption of new culms by next week. I'm afraid a green
monster has been awakened!

David Sizemore
Kingsport, TN (NE corner)
Zone 6a

Any Shoot Reports from the Puget Sound area? I'm in Port Orchard
and no sign of black bamboo yet.

James, Seattle
Zone 8a

I have what I believe to be a P. aureosulcata and it is shooting. I
also have a P. aureosulcata /f/ spectabilis and it too is shooting. My
Sasa palmata is shooting. My P. nigra, P. nigra 'Bory', P. vivax and
Semiarundinaria fastuosa are not shooting yet.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington

Old 08-05-2005, 09:16 PM
chele

lol@david looks like you did wake up the monster..i told you id be
more than glad to help you tame it.. only want a a plant or two..my 3
moso plants are sending up alot of shoots and as you told me in time it
may the monster that ate up n/e tn/nc+vir lol i found another type of
running bamboo in nc that looks good.plus a few other spots of boo too.

chele