Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2003, 12:46 AM
Steve Wolfinger

Default [IBC] layering observation and question

is it ok to air layer at two places on the same branch at the same time...
if it is a large branch (about 3/4 to 1 inch thick) and there is sufficient
foliage above both layers? i am thinking about doing this on a zelkova in
the spring.

when ever i read about people developing their bonsai in the ground from
wild stock or collecting from the wild... i never see anyone mention
layering. it seems to me that you would have a better chance of having the
tree survive and developing a good nebari. aside from there maybe not being
enough time or circumstance for a particular tree, are wild trees difficult
to layer? or am i not reading enough??

:C ) steve lancaster pa

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++