Old 12-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Lookout Superthrive . . .

.. . . you have competition in the magic elixir department.

Go to www.HB-101.com and learn "all" about HB-101 advertised
as a "Plant Vitalizer" by its Japanese makers.

As with S-thrive, we appear to have no idea what's in it.
Also as with S-thrive you don't need to use much -- it can
be diluted "1,000 to 100,000 times" (!) So, buying their
one-liter bottle gives you 100,000 liters of this miracle stuff.

It claims to be used by veggie gardeners, farmers in their
rice paddies, flower growers, indoor plant growers, AND
bonsiests.

The website is slow for us dial-up types, so I didn't wander
around enough to see home much it would cost me to get that
1-liter (or smaller) bottle. (You can get a free sample by
faxing 310-533-5149, according to an ad in Bonsai Today #98).

Oh yes . . . you also can buy EH-101 called a Health Support
material (no info provided on whose health)., and

ND-101 called a "Natural Deodorizer".

Have at it, all.

Ahh. There's still Magic in our lives.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - People,
when Columbus discovered this country, it was plum full of
nuts and berries. And I'm right here to tell you (that) the
berries are just about all gone. -- Uncle Dave Macon, musician

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 13-08-2005, 02:21 AM
Charles Bevan

-
Go to www.HB-101.com http://www.HB-101.com and learn "all" about HB-101
advertised
as a "Plant Vitalizer" by its Japanese makers.
-

Jim,
While I attended Taikan-ten last November, I noticed that there was an
HB-101 booth in the vendors area. They readily grabbed me over, and gave me
a half a year's supply of HB-101 in free samples as well as an ugly yellow
HB-101 hat. I still have the samples, but I have yet to try them and see how
they work. Maybe I should give them a try and report back the results.

--
Charles Bevan
Vero Beach, FL

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 13-08-2005, 02:37 PM
Jim Lewis

Charles Bevan wrote:
-
Go to www.HB-101.com http://www.HB-101.com and learn "all" about HB-101
advertised
as a "Plant Vitalizer" by its Japanese makers.
-

Jim,
While I attended Taikan-ten last November, I noticed that there was an
HB-101 booth in the vendors area. They readily grabbed me over, and gave me
a half a year's supply of HB-101 in free samples as well as an ugly yellow
HB-101 hat. I still have the samples, but I have yet to try them and see how
they work. Maybe I should give them a try and report back the results.

Up to you. Let's see, at their dilution rate, a half-year's
supply was about a thimbleful, yes. :-)

To make the test legitimate, be sure to do it in a sterile
room, and have genetically identical plants. Half get it,
half don't and all other factors -- light, temperature,
humidity, fertilizing regime, pruning, etc. -- must be
identical and recorded carefully, hour by hour.

While you're at it, do a similar run with Stuporthrive. MY
guess is that this stuff is pirated Superthrive formulae,
maybe with some fugu added. :-)

Smell it. If it smells like Magic Johnson's last pair of
unwashed socks, that's probably when it is -- or at least it
has a lot of Vitamin B in it.

You need to post a pic of you in the hat.

Old 13-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Charles Bevan

Were you able to try the hat at least?? :-)

You need to post a pic of you in the hat.

I have used the hat a few times for working outside. I still have it, so
maybe I should listen to Jim a post a pic of myself with it. Those hats
actually did come to good use when we got to Tokyo. When we went to the
Ginza district, we could never seem to find our tour guide. She was shorter
than most of the people around her, so she disappeared quickly. We were able
to get her to wear it once or twice after that.

Up to you. Let's see, at their dilution rate, a half-year's
supply was about a thimbleful, yes. :-)

They gave me about six little free samples of it that were a little larger
than a thimble full. From their suggested dilution rate, I would guess that
would last about six months on my fairly small collection of trees.

I am not the type of person to be scientifically accurate when it comes to
testing things such as this. I will give it a try on a few of my plants and
see how it does. If the results aren't noticeable after a few months, then I
won't bother with it any more.

--
Charles Bevan
Vero Beach, FL

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 15-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Layne

Hi,

I saw a few men wearing the hat on the website...no women wore it.
You're right about the hat! I can see how it made finding your tour
guide easier. :-)

FWIW, I couldn't resist and bought the $23.00 bottle. I figure getting
one small sample wasn't enough to see any noticable change in a plant.
I'm going to try it on one of my Japanese maples that has been
suffering from some branch die back this season and last. It might be
verticillium or just the overall health of the tree that's in
question. We'll see.

Layne

Old 16-08-2005, 01:41 AM
Jim Lewis

Layne wrote:

FWIW, I couldn't resist and bought the $23.00 bottle. I
figure getting one small sample wasn't enough to see any
noticable change in a plant. I'm going to try it on one
of my Japanese maples that has been suffering from some
branch die back this season and last. It might be
verticillium or just the overall health of the tree
that's in question. We'll see.

My guess is that 10 of those $23 bottles won't be enough to
see any "noticeable change" in anything . . . but your wallet.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Lookout for KC52 YRY Jose Sanchez is a pedo United Kingdom 0 11-07-2010 10:14 AM
[IBC] superthrive Tlsrider Bonsai 9 14-03-2005 01:41 PM
[IBC] **** Superthrive Makes it Big-Time Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 27-10-2003 06:02 PM
[IBC] Epsom salts and superthrive Nina Shishkoff Bonsai 1 18-10-2003 12:02 PM
[IBC] Superthrive (was [IBC] Epsom salts Anita Hawkins Bonsai 0 17-10-2003 05:42 PM