Old 14-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Martha Fifield

Default [IBC] Root Pruning & Repotting

I was wondering, Is there a time when it is alright to prune the roots and repot all trees? or is it always dependent on the species? I have many plants that could use repotting but do not know what and when to repot.
Martha
Zone 10

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 14-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Martha

In south Florida you can repot tropicals all year, unless it is
unusually cold. However, if you have anything, such as Juniper, that is not
tropical it will depend upon the species. As I told Iris, we can only safely repot
Junipers in Jan. or Feb.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

In a message dated 8/14/2005 2:02:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I was wondering, Is there a time when it is all right to prune the roots
and repot all trees? Or is it always dependent on the species? I have many
plants that could use repotting but do not know what and when to repot.
Martha
Zone 10

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 05-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Registered User

Location: Miami, Florida, USA

Martha, being in zone 10 you can repot your trees anytime you want (if they are not conifers). Only conifers like junipers and black pines should be repot on Jan, or whenever the coldest day of the winter is watch for the lower overnight temperature lows everyday.........
Gene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha Fifield
Is there a time when it is alright to prune the roots and repot all trees?