Old 17-10-2005, 03:15 AM
Michel Bourgeois

Default [IBC] Today's Yamadori

Hi again!

The second one if my mugo pine. The owner told it is 15 Y/O but it is
impossible it is 12 inches trunk!

This one is my baby! I gave it a name my gosh! Mao! I also talked to him
during all the branches cutting before digging it off. I think I am becoming
crazy. I sniffed too many SuperThrive!!! Lol lol lol

I am a little afraid of the survival chance because there is few root. The
root ball was too small because it grow it a wooden landscape. I am thinking
of cutting more branches to keep the equilibrium between the branches and
the root but I am a little afraid of cutting more. I think I already cut 50%
of its foliage.

There was a lot of back budding so it suppose it will take about 8 years
before the foliage will be enough close to the trunk to be styled.

For this one, my fathe help me because it was about 200 lbs!

It is not on its training pot yet but I will post you pictures when I will
have it.

The soil will be 50% akadama, 30% stones, 15% perlite and 5% pine bark. It
was a "what-I-had-in-my-shed" soil!!! Lol Because it will ta a lot of soil I
didn't have choice

Sorry for my bad bad English friends!

Michel

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...o/DSCN5095.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...CN5397_web.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...CN5402_web.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...CN5399_web.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...CN5405_web.jpg

++++Sponsored, in part, by John Romano++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 17-10-2005, 04:57 AM
Roger Snipes

Michel,

This pine looks a bit more challenging than the Thuja. It doesn't look like
you got too many fine roots when you collected it, and if it survives I
think you will have trouble getting any buds to pop close in to the trunk.
Grafting could be an option to get foliage in close enough to the trunk to
work with.

Regards,
Roger Snipes
Spokane, WA. Zone 5-ish