Old 24-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Hurricane Wilma

Well, the plants are on the ground and the greenhouse is closed up. I guess
I am as ready as I can be.

Been working on my trees the last two days besides.

I have a jabotacba that I will pot up next spring. I think the lower
branches are coming along and tonight I took out most of the top to reduce the
height and then develop an apex.

I took a Ficus natalenses (sp) to the office last week. I wish the leaves
were a little smaller but the tree is almost two man size so the scale isn't too
bad. It needs a shallower pot and if I can get a reciprocating saw to take
off the bottom, I will report next spring.

We will hopefully get only the northern edge of the storm.

My office is closed tomorrow so if the weather is good enough, more Bonsai.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

++++Sponsored, in part, by John Romano++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 24-10-2005, 03:31 AM
Sue Marsh

All my plants are lined up alongside the house on the ground... rock
plantings and a couple special plants are in the house with me.......
critters all locked up......turkey in the garage......here goes!
am hoping plywood doesn't flatten my cuttings that are growing in the
garden... I tell you, cascades are difficult to place on the ground-I've got
plants inside of other plants all lined up! Hopefully I'll be back on the
list soon.... am sure we'll lose power again (hopefully that's all that
happens)............good luck everyone!

From: "Billy M. Rhodes"

Subject: [IBC] Hurricane Wilma
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:06:44 EDT

************************************************* *******************************
++++Sponsored, in part, by John Romano++++
************************************************* *******************************
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/o...ave/direct/01/

Old 24-10-2005, 03:33 AM
Jim Lewis

Billy M. Rhodes wrote:
Well, the plants are on the ground and the greenhouse is closed up. I guess
I am as ready as I can be.

Been working on my trees the last two days besides.

I have a jabotacba that I will pot up next spring. I think the lower
branches are coming along and tonight I took out most of the top to reduce the
height and then develop an apex.

I took a Ficus natalenses (sp) to the office last week. I wish the leaves
were a little smaller but the tree is almost two man size so the scale isn't too
bad. It needs a shallower pot and if I can get a reciprocating saw to take
off the bottom, I will report next spring.

We will hopefully get only the northern edge of the storm.

My office is closed tomorrow so if the weather is good enough, more Bonsai.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

Good luck, Billy. By the looks of things you should be
mostly out of it (fingers crossed!). That should be the
weaker side, too.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

Old 24-10-2005, 03:37 AM
Jim Lewis

Sue Marsh wrote:

All my plants are lined up alongside the house on the ground... rock
plantings and a couple special plants are in the house with me.......
critters all locked up......turkey in the garage......here goes!
am hoping plywood doesn't flatten my cuttings that are growing in the
garden... I tell you, cascades are difficult to place on the ground-I've
got plants inside of other plants all lined up! Hopefully I'll be back
on the list soon.... am sure we'll lose power again (hopefully that's
all that happens)...........good luck everyone!

Don't recall where you're from, Susan, but good luck to you.
Lay the cascades on the ground on their sides with the
tails UP.

Jim Lewis - - This economy is a wholly
owned subsidiary of the environment. - Gaylord Nelson

Old 27-10-2005, 11:31 PM
Sue Marsh

Well, we made it through ok. A few plants are severly waterlogged, few pots
broken, even the cuttings in the garden survived. House is okay, lost a
downspout (managed to scratch my truck up in process), most of the trees in
the front yard are down and some in the pasture. Watched a tornado go
through the backyard which was not cool . But, house is okay, we're
ok....yea! Hope everyone else made it through......storm was very very scary
and not cool.......

http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/g...ave/direct/01/