Old 15-02-2003, 05:51 PM
Brian Berggoetz

Default [IBC] bunjin style

Iam not finding mch info on the bunjin style. Is it treated differently
tha other styles, like it's not a true bonsai? Also, is there a
different fertilizer to use since you want long and thin instead of
short and fat?
Thanks, Brian

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 15-02-2003, 06:03 PM
Andy Rutledge

Old 15-02-2003, 07:03 PM
Iris Cohen

I am not finding much info on the bunjin style.

Look under literati, which is the (Italo-)English equivalent.

Is it treated differently than other styles, like it's not a true bonsai?

Au contrere, it is a quintessential bonsai style.

Also, is there a different fertilizer to use since you want long and thin
instead of
short and fat?

No, you still want slow, steady, controlled growth, unless it is a prebonsai in
training.
And you still want to encourage small leaves & twiggy branches.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 17-02-2003, 03:15 PM
sbudi

Bun in Chinese world means scolar or literate. It gives an image of a scolar
who has a lot of knowledge, but has a very weak body. In Chinese or Japanese
story there are a lot of heroes who have strong bodies due to they mastered
the martial art. Anyhow, there are also some body very well respected in the
olden times due to they mastered the literature. That is why bunjin gi
showed a tall and specific character with very weak nebari if necessary.
Budi Sulistyo
..
I am not finding much info on the bunjin style.

Look under literati, which is the (Italo-)English equivalent.

Is it treated differently than other styles, like it's not a true

bonsai?

Au contrere, it is a quintessential bonsai style.

Also, is there a different fertilizer to use since you want long and

thin
instead of
short and fat?

No, you still want slow, steady, controlled growth, unless it is a

prebonsai in
training.
And you still want to encourage small leaves & twiggy branches.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)