Old 27-02-2003, 03:52 PM
Joe St. Lawrence

Default [IBC] Gingko Flame Style

Another source to check-out is the Martin Treasure book (Bonsai Life
Histories, I think). He talks through the development of a large Ginkgo in
this style with photos of its development. (Not tremendously detailed given
the breadth of species in the book, but worth a look given the rarity of
articles on this species). (Off topic, I love the Styrax in the book).

International Bonsai also has an issue devoted to Ginkgo (in 1982 I
believe). It was still available for back order last time I checked. It does
not deal specifically with stumps, but has cultural advice, history etc....

-j
Ottawa

Randi wrote:
I want to develop an old gingko stump into the older "flame" style for

lack of a better description. Is anyone aware of any books that address
this style development?

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Should You Take Gingko Biloba To Boost Your Memory? [email protected] Gardening 31 19-01-2008 11:52 PM
[IBC] Gingko biloba Anil Kaushik Bonsai 4 10-12-2004 07:39 PM
gingko in a pot? murphy Gardening 5 02-06-2004 03:03 AM
Gingko Flame Style Shelly Hurd Bonsai 0 26-02-2003 03:39 PM
[IBC] bunjin style Brian Berggoetz Bonsai 3 17-02-2003 03:15 PM