Old 16-02-2003, 05:03 PM
Louis Brooks

Default [IBC] Tree Rats

Well the tree rats (squirrels to the rest of you
folks) struck again this weekend. I woke up yesterday
and went to check on my trees and to my horror I
noticed that the top 3 inches of my Acer had been
broken off. I had a really nice taper to the apex
forming so needless to say I was really bummed, but
for the life of me I could not figure out how it
happened.

Then this morning as I was having my cup of tea and
contemplateing how I was going to fix this little
problem I noticed a tree rat scurry of to the acer. It
then proceeded to climb up to the top and use it for a
launching pad to reach a bird feeder that my wife had
placed about 3 feet away. I about choked on my Earl
Grey as I tried to shoo the damn thing off and then I
promptly moved the bird feeder to a location far from
where I keep my Acer. Now I just need to figure out
what to do about this top.

Anyway, trying to find a good side to all this I am
going to try and root the former apex of my Acer.
Maybe I will do a root over rock with it. Hope
everyone else's weekend is going well.

Sincerely,

Louis Brooks
Tallahassee, Florida

http://shopping.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Rats, Rats, R-A-T-S J. Farnsworth Wallaby Gardening 13 07-08-2003 03:32 AM
Thanks Rats and mice SG1 Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:34 AM
Rats and mice Just a little bit Australia 12 05-04-2003 06:34 AM
Rats in garden Paul Australia 6 05-04-2003 06:34 AM
rats in compost Nat United Kingdom 14 31-01-2003 08:18 PM