Old 13-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Help Pentaphilla repotting

I have to repot my penthapilla that is about 50 years old and
I am
scared to death to make a mistake..
I took it out of the actual container and a strong delicious

smell
of mychorize white fungus spread in the air the plant is

very
healthy.. but I am scared to loosen the root ball It has been
transpotted 4 times in the last 20 years with very little

roots
cutting-and in a larger container and actually is a wooden

wine box
since 3 years ( that is going to explode soon )..
- should I take out MORE of 1/3 of the new roots growth or

not ?
-should I dig out some deep the OLD SOIL under the

trunk( never
did that before ) or not
I am also looking for a quite large container ( the naked

root ball
actually is 12 " x 15 " heigh 6") not easy to find here ( the

kind I
want).. any NET-address to suggest ? I am in Switzerland
Thanks
Theo

Theo: Is there someone near you who does bonsai, or a club?

This isn't something you, as (I assume) a beginner, should do
without help -- at least not by the sound of it.

Find someone (or a club), even if you have to drive 50 KM to get
there.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --