Old 11-02-2004, 11:24 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Aliette and Pentaphilla?

In a message dated 2/11/2004 2:15:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

I read in the French NG that someone is complaining that his pine (probably
a pentaphilla at first sight is not growing

To me the moss at the base of the trunk would indicate too much water and
possibly a case of root rot fungus.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 11-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Someone answered that Aliette is very helpful for stressed pines
Aliette as far as I know is a systematic fongicde and might
destroy the Michorrize ..

Aliette works against oomycetes, so it won't harm mycorrhizae. However, using systemic fungicides as a "tonic" is a terrible idea, since it allows resistant strains of fungi to develop. French nursery growers will not be happy.

On Long Island, we did a survey of oomycetes in greenhouses, and I was in charge of testing their resistance-- I found isolates differing in their resistance by 3 orders of magnitude. We advised the nurseries with sensitive strains to never use the same
fungicide twice in a row; in that way, the strains would continue to be sensitive. The ones with resistant strains could only throw out their plants, sterilize the greenhouse, and hope for the best.

Nina, who will soon be testing the reaction of the "sudden oak death" pathogen to Aliette.

Old 11-02-2004, 03:56 PM
Theo

Hi Nina

Nina Shishkoff wrote:

Aliette works against oomycetes, so it won't harm mycorrhizae. However, using systemic fungicides as a "tonic" is a terrible idea, since it allows resistant strains of fungi to develop. French nursery growers will not be happy.

On Long Island, we did a survey of oomycetes in greenhouses, and I was in charge of testing their resistance-- I found isolates differing in their resistance by 3 orders of magnitude. We advised the nurseries with sensitive strains to never use the sam

e fungicide twice in a row; in that way, the strains would continue to be sensitive. The ones with resistant strains could only throw out their plants, sterilize the greenhouse, and hope for the best.

Nina, who will soon be testing the reaction of the "sudden oak death" pathogen to Aliette.

Thanks a lot , so the abuse ( as in this case) of Aliette works as an
abuse of antibiotisc for us Thanks for your feed back

Theo

--
EU Zone 7 GE (CH)
S.O.S.Bonsai online @ :

Old 11-02-2004, 04:00 PM
Theo

Hi Nina

Nina Shishkoff wrote:

[...]

[IBC] Aliette & pentaphilla Henrik Gistvall Bonsai 4 22-03-2004 05:21 AM
[IBC] Aliette & pentaphilla Henrik Gistvall Bonsai 0 21-03-2004 11:23 AM
Aliette & pentaphilla Theo Bonsai 0 21-03-2004 07:12 AM
Aliette and Pentaphilla? Theo Bonsai 0 11-02-2004 07:04 AM
[IBC] Help Pentaphilla repotting Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 14-04-2003 10:08 PM