Old 04-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Default [IBC] PS:Bonsai disease FAQ

By the way, anyone who wants to put the FAQ in their bonsai
newsletter is more than welcome to do so! The more people who see
it, the fewer crispy juniper questions I'll have to answer on my
website, and the happier we'll all be.

Nina "really really tired of crispy junipers" Shishkoff

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 05-06-2003, 04:08 AM
dalecochoy

By the way, anyone who wants to put the FAQ in their bonsai
newsletter is more than welcome to do so

Nina,
I have a question for your FAQ.
Q. Why is it that I've managed to KILL quite a few trees over the
years...But everyone else seems to have theirs die of a disease?
Dale Cochoy

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 05-06-2003, 02:44 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Nina,
I have a question for your FAQ.
Q. Why is it that I've managed to KILL quite a few trees over the
years...But everyone else seems to have theirs die of a disease?
Dale Cochoy

Actually, none of those FAQ questions had anything to do with
disease. I rarely get disease questions, for exactly the reason you
were suggesting: bonsai usually die from poor care or accident.

I have had several trees of mine die from "disease", only I know
better than that; the trees were stressed, and that made them
susceptible to disease. If I had taken better care of them, they
could have fought off the disease themselves.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 05-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Carl L Rosner

Dale:
It seems that we have a poor group (IBC Memeber) diagnosis! :-D

Carl L. Rosner

I have had several trees of mine die from "disease", only I know
better than that; the trees were stressed, and that made them
susceptible to disease. If I had taken better care of them, they
could have fought off the disease themselves.

Nice point
I had few (pines) that I had for years 7-9 and cared so and so

lately I did more care and they died the following year before spring (because
of frost apparently )
could it have been that they got fragilized ? because of too much feeding during
the previous summer maybe ?

Or happiness for too much care ?:-)
BTW
My last coral maple is growing fine .. just one tip of a cut branch started witing
and I put CUSO4
in spray against Virticillium in case.. a "" paranormal story about":
BUT also added a Magic stone ( am kidding) I took that stone 2 fists size 25
years ago
in Santorini island in Greece must have been a stone thrown from the Volcano as
is
quite red with some Sulphur yellow crystals ..
and I noticed that the pots with plants where I put that stone always have been
healthy
so I put in on my maple earth and in 10 days it started growing
Theo