Old 03-08-2003, 09:12 PM

Default [IBC] Ying Tak Stones

Does anyone have any Ying Tak stones, preferably flat on the bottom, about 3
or 4" high? I am planning to put my rock planting, which has been an island,
in a land tray. I think one or two stones sticking up nearby might help. You
never know if something is going to look too busy until you try it.
Iris

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 04-08-2003, 04:23 PM
dalecochoy

Iris,
How far are you from Mr. Li in New Jersey, Oriental Gardens. He used to have
LOTS of it.
Dale Cochoy, Wild Things Bonsai Studio, Hartville, Ohio
http://www.WildThingsBonsai.Com
Specializing in power wood carving tools.
Yakimono no Kokoro bonsai pottery of hand-built stoneware
Does anyone have any Ying Tak stones, preferably flat on the bottom, about

3
or 4" high? I am planning to put my rock planting, which has been an

island,
in a land tray. I think one or two stones sticking up nearby might help.

You
never know if something is going to look too busy until you try it.
Iris

****

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 05-08-2003, 04:20 AM
Bart Thomas

How far are you from Mr. Li in New Jersey, Oriental Gardens. He used to

have
LOTS of it.

Dale:

Where is he in NJ??

Thanks.

Bart

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 05-08-2003, 02:22 PM
Iris Cohen

How far are you from Mr. Li in New Jersey, Oriental Gardens.

I don't think they are still in business.

Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 05-08-2003, 05:02 PM
dalecochoy

Bart,
I don't have any info now with address. I haven't been there in years, but,
he vended at one of the PBA shows last year so he's still in business and
had lots of new imports,,but, he was about 1-2 miles from 'Japan Nursery" in
upper, mid NJ. If you've been there, you've been in his backyard! Not
awfully far from Chase or Marty S.
Dale

Old 05-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Bart Thomas

Hi, Dale.

I was over at Japan Nursery a couple of weeks ago. Had I known, I could have
asked there ;-(

For Jerseyans, we're talking between Monroe Twp.

BTW, Are these the vertical stones one sees in Penjing?

Old 05-08-2003, 05:12 PM
William Valavanis

Mr. Li is still in business, he just put a 1/2 page ad in my magazine.
Looks he is pushing Scholars rocks and suiseki.

ORIENTAL GARDENS
307 Disbrow Hill Road
Perrineville, NJ 08535
Tel: 609 490-0705
fax: 609 490-0706

Hope this helps, by the way Dale I was talking with Arthur and he told
me about Nancy's head problem. I just got out of the hospital, have
been there since Friday. After a CT, MRI, and finally a MRA they found
the right major artery to my brain is dissected (I like that term,
reminds me of maples). Anyways, they are afraid to do a regular
angiogram because of blood clots or stroke (I also now have a stoke
doctor too!). So the only thing to do is to put me on two blood
thinners (five days supply $700), and wait for three months to see if
it heals itself. It killed me this past weekend too. I was supposed to
be at a large arts/crafts festival where I get many new students. I
tried very, very hard to get out of the hospital, almost had them
convinced to let me go. But thank God, Diane and the two boys set up
and ran my display. My "crew" also instantantly came through to help
sell and water and take down.

So now I am home, waiting to go to Chicago next week and the symposium
in a few more weeks. It is a good thing I am having my 40th anniversary
exhibition now, because I probably won't make it to my 50th. I told Ken
Hallatt that this morning and said if I'm not careful, I won't even
make my 40th!

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Bill

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 05-08-2003, 05:12 PM
dalecochoy

Old 05-08-2003, 05:32 PM
dalecochoy

Old 05-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Lynn Boyd

So now I am home, waiting to go to Chicago next week and the
symposium
in a few more weeks. It is a good thing I am having my 40th

anniversary
exhibition now, because I probably won't make it to my 50th.

I told Ken
Hallatt that this morning and said if I'm not careful, I

won't even
make my 40th!

---------------------
Bill,
This is unwelcome and shocking news. One doesn't have
to be a personal acquaintance in our bonsai community to be
frightened by the idea of some condition that would threaten
you, your reliable constant help and support. Looking at
medical abilities now and surprising recoveries there are good
prospects for you to make it to your 50th. There are a lot of
people hoping you take good care after reading this.
Lynn

Lynn Boyd, Oregon, USA

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 05-08-2003, 07:12 PM
Ed Trout

In a message dated 8/5/2003 11:34:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time, writes:

[...]

+++++

Dear Bill,

I'm really sorry to hear about your health problems! I'm sure that if you follow your doctor's advice, and take it easy,things will work out ok. Modern medicine has lots of wonders. Your work has always been an inspiration to me, and as you work toward
s your 50th exhibition, I expect to learn a lot more bonsai from you.

Sincerely,
Ed Trout

Old 06-08-2003, 04:12 AM
Iris Cohen

Are these the vertical stones one sees in Penjing?

Yes. However, now that I put the rock in the new pot with a small fake pond,
there really isn't any room for stones also. let well enough alone.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

[IBC] NJ Sources; WAS [IBC] Ying Tak Stones Bart Thomas Bonsai 0 05-08-2003 06:12 PM
OT/landscaping-stepping stones Wilson Gardening 1 25-04-2003 09:44 PM
Ammo Stones in filter RED1102 Ponds 1 17-04-2003 12:56 AM
Substrate/Lave stones Theo van Daele Ponds 3 10-04-2003 09:46 PM
[IBC] stones Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 04-04-2003 11:08 PM