Old 22-08-2003, 06:04 AM
Iris Cohen

Default [IBC] Systemic Insecticide

The problem is on a ficus (scale that I would like to eradicate before the
trees come indoors).

Orthenex is very effective against scale. Use as directed about three times at
weekly intervals. However, you will never get 100% cure. The scale may well
recur next year, especially if the plant goes outdoors for the summer. This is
one case where a preventive spray may be indicated, if you know the tree is
likely to get scale every summer.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 24-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Iris Cohen

I would not recommend the use of either for trees scheduled
to be immediately from the outside to inside quarters. In this case, go to a
local nursery and purchase a systemic granule approved for inside use.

According to my package & other information, Di-Syston is recommended for
indoor use. There are no fumes to worry about. You just have to make sure pets
& small children don't mess with it, but you keep your bonsai away from them
anyway.

Old 26-08-2003, 12:12 AM
JRA BONSAI

Iris,

I use di-syston for several pest but find that the odor persists for a week or
more outside. I would be very reluctant to use it inside.

Julian Adams
Adams' Bonsai