Old 04-11-2003, 07:22 PM
Craig Cowing

Default [IBC] Admin: THE FUTURE OF THE LIST

Pedro Amorim Pereira wrote:

Ok... if it goes that way...

I can take care of the begginers from
Portugal and
Brasil (has they also speak Portuguese),
if no one takes Spain, I can trie too (I speak a bit of it :-) ).
And if not enough I can try to persuade Paulo Artur to give me a help too...
;-)

Pedro Amorim Pereira _ Porto - Portugal

http://sapp.telepac.pt/bonsai-pt/
http://www.geocities.com/pedropereira.geo

I hadn't thought of this, but having people in different parts of the world such as
Pedro would make resources available in languages other than English. Certainly a
good thing. A way for the IBC to broaden its horizons.

Craig Cowing
NY
zone 5b/6a Sunset 37
Still looking for a good signature line.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 04-11-2003, 11:43 PM
Jim Lewis

Actually, all joking aside, it might not be a bad idea to have
people who are listed on the site as regional representatives.
Maybe several for each area--we could even do it by state. When
I was involved
in the Reed Organ Society, which is an international

organization, I was Regional Councillor for the Northeast Region.
My fiefdom covered all of New England, New York, NJ and PA. I
occasionally fielded
questions (actually, a lot since I had a website on reed

organs) and sometimes got queries from people in my general area.
With bonsai, we all know that location is very important. And,
from what I 've
learned over the last few years, someone living in the Pacific

Northwest on the edge of Zone 5b/6a (as I do in NY) is still
going to have very different conditions than I do. So, this
isn't a bad idea at
all.

Weeeeellllllllll, it just depends upon how "organized" you want
to get. Maybe you can bring it up with your new listowner
(announcement soon), but THIS listowner thinks the whole world is
too damned organized as it is.

The IBC has survived as virtual anarchy for a lot of years now.
And, as they say in my neck of the world:

"Wall, Bubbah, iffen it ain't broke, I ain't gonna bother fixin'
it." Roscoe, MBA, University of Florida. ;-)

I think we can jumble along being nice guys and gals and helping
those who need help, and especially looking to help people from
our neck of the woods. We're gathering a small group of
preliminary helpers, but we don't need to carry it too much
further. I hope. Once the ball starts rolling, we tend to keep
it going as long as necessary. Then it stops.

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 08-11-2003, 10:22 AM
Ulrike Bauer

I'm by no means an expert myself, but I could help absolute beginners on the
list from Germany. I also know some of the experts here (who know other
experts), so between us we could offer hints and tips...

Ulrike Bauer
South Germany, zone 7b

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++