Old 17-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Dave

Default In need of bonsai Trees/Supplies. Where should I look?

Hello,

I have recently purchased an Arboricola Schefflera from a local
nursery. I am looking to get a few more trees and some supplies (the
nurseries where I live do not stock any nice bonsai trees or
tools/supplies).

I have been looking at www.bonsaiboy.com. The site is well laid out,
and I can call someone there to help me with specific questions I
have.

I recently checked out www.evergreengadenworks.com . Their website
is old and unappealing, but that doesnt matter to me as long as I can
maybe talk to someone and make the order over the phone.
Unfortunately they don't seem to accept phone orders. The prices seem
a lot cheaper than bonsaiboy, but I didn't examine everything fully.

Can anyone else recommend anywhere. I live in Canada, but I live
close to the US border so shipping to Canada isn't an issue (I can
ship to a US address and pick it up).

I am looking for a couple juniper procumbens 'nana' about the 6"
height, seeds, soil, drainagehole covers, and one or two other trees
depending on the stock they have (fukien tea, beech, others).
Pictures would be nice, plus a number I can call to help me with
specific questions as to size/age and style/pots.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 17-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Shelly Hurd

Dave,

I've done business with Evergreen Gardenworks several times. I super
place - though I've never been there in person.

If you WANT to pay higher prices so you can get the 'warm fuzzy' of speaking
to someone on the phone, you'd be better off to trade with someone else
(sorry Brent). But, you could also ask us your questions - we not only read
them all, but reply too! - and we're just brimming with all the 'warm fuzzy'
any customer could ask for. :-)

Like Kitsune said; Brent and crew are outside working, but you can bet he'll
treat you right and value your being a customer.
Regards,
Shelly Hurd Central CA - Sunset Zone 8-USDA Zone 9

SNIP - OUCH

Old 18-11-2003, 02:03 PM
Mike

In article , Dave
wrote:
Can anyone else recommend anywhere. I live in Canada, but I live
close to the US border so shipping to Canada isn't an issue (I can
ship to a US address and pick it up).

I use http://www.plantcitybonsai.com but I just checked their web site
and it is under construction :-(. They are very nice and ship things
very well.
Old 18-11-2003, 10:43 PM
Dave

Thank you everyone.

I believe that I will be a lot better buying from evergreen
gardenworks.

The website does have a lot of information.

I will probably be ordering my young trees from there. I am going to
email him and ask if he has the extra's that I need that arn't on the
website (drainage hole covers, soil, and seeds).

Thanks,

Dave.
Old 25-11-2003, 02:43 PM
Marc

Coincidentally, I bought a bonsai tree from bonsaiboy.com yesterday
for my mother's b-day. The price didn't seem too high to me. But I am
sure there are lower prices elsewhere. I did, however, apply for a 20%
cash rebate through http://www.rebatedonate.com - and from there I
went to the "flowers & Gifts" section. That's where i found
bonsaiboy.com. According to RebateDonate I will receive my 20% rebate
in about 40 days in my paypal account. So far they have been true to
their word in the past with two other rebates I earned, and I didn't
have to wait long.
Either way, I'm hoping mom will enjoy her new tree and not kill it
this time.

_Tyler_