Old 19-11-2003, 01:12 AM
Paulo Roseta

Default [IBC] Japanese and other exotic seeds

I would be grateful if someone could tell me if there are good links for buying seeds, with nice prices and good quality, etc.
I know there are some US links, but I would like to know if there aren't any Japanese ones that sell their products cheaper.
Thanks!
Regards,
Paulo

++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 19-11-2003, 05:12 AM
Brent Walston

At 12:37 AM 11/19/03 +0000, you wrote:
I would be grateful if someone could tell me if there are good links for
buying seeds, with nice prices and good quality, etc.
I know there are some US links, but I would like to know if there
aren't any Japanese ones that sell their products cheaper.

Paulo

One of the best seed companies in the world is FW
Schumacher, http://www.treeshrubseeds.com . These folks supply a
mulititude of species to professional nurserymen, but they also sell small
quantities of seed to anyone, just ask for 'trade packets'. They have many
species used for bonsai. My guess is that a Japanese company would cost you
a lot more for essentially the same product. I buy hundreds of dollars of
seed from them every year and their service is excellent.

Brent in Northern California
Evergreen Gardenworks USDA Zone 8 Sunset Zone 14

http://www.EvergreenGardenworks.com

Old 19-11-2003, 07:02 AM
kevin bailey

If you are going to try a British seed firm, I'd also consider Chiltern
Seeds. They are online here
http://www.edirectory.co.uk/chiltern...?companyid=211

I've used them for many years and they are great. Reliable and usually
better value than T&M.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales

In a message dated 11/18/2003 7:58:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

I would be grateful if someone could tell me if there are good links

for
buying seeds, with nice prices and good quality, etc.
I know there are some US links, but I would like to know if there

aren't
any Japanese ones that sell their products cheaper

I don't think Japanese would be cheaper and the postage would be as
much as
the seeds. Try Thompson & Morgan in the UK. You could use Euros.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

********
++++Sponsored, in part, by Carl Rosner++++
********
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/
--
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail
+++++

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---

Old 19-11-2003, 01:22 PM
Jim Lewis

I would be grateful if someone could tell me if there are good
links for buying seeds, with nice prices and good quality, etc.
I know there are some US links, but I would like to know if there
aren't any Japanese ones that sell their products cheaper.
Thanks!
Regards,
Paulo

It is hard to find ANYthing from Japan that is "cheaper." You
should shop as close to locally as you can.