Old 02-12-2003, 07:12 PM
Gary Woods

Default Serissa question

This spring I set a bunch of Serissa cuttings, the results of trimming a
very overgrown small tree, destined with expert help, to be shaped "broom"
fashion, in a nursery bed in the garden.
Despite my customary lack of care, about half of them struck and a dozen
were potted up this fall. Most are 6" or so tall and many are flowering; I
plan to supplement a south window with some fluorescents. They are growing
as they will, which means several leaders in a shrub shape. I'm feeding
lightly and making sure they don't completely dry out between waterings.

Should I do any preliminary trimming, or just aim at getting healthy plants
through the winter?

Thanks,