Old 18-12-2003, 07:13 AM
Glyn Williams

Default [IBC] Website

Hi all,

Please visit my website at
http://glyn4life.tripod.com/bonsai-en/

It contains info, galleries, links and details about my own
personal projects.

Unfortunately, it is on tripod so there are lots of popups,
but don't let this be a hinderance to your visit. I am in
the process of finding a better host for it. In the
meantime, you can download a popup stopper at
http://www.panicware.com/product_psfree.html

Thanks and enjoy.
Bonsai-Buddy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit my website at http://glyn4life.tripod.com/bonsai-en/
far advice, photos, links and details about my own
projects.

If you need any help, contact me at

Your Bonsai-Buddy,
Glyn
Look Good, Feel Good
www.healthiest.co.za

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 24-01-2004, 04:42 PM
kevin bailey

Start by asking around in the club to find out if there's anyone that
has some experience already or a contact that could assist.

Then get the group to list what they want from the site.

If you have to do it yourself, the easiest way to get started is using
something like Microsoft's Front Page. I has a set of templates and
wizards that hold you by the hand and can allow a simple site to be
sorted relatively painlessly. There are many other creation tools and
I've tried many of them with my students but this one gives the best
results for the least time.

Once the site is designed and tested on your computer, you need some
webspace. There are many ISP's that provide free web-space in the UK. I
don't know how you stand for this in the US. Getting the site from your
computer to the space that your server provides can be tricky. I use an
FTP prog (file transfer protocol). There are many you can download for a
free trial. Make sure that you keep a note of all settings and
passwords. They will be needed regularly when the site needs updating.

If you hit any snags, feel free to email me directly.

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales

Old 26-01-2004, 09:54 PM
Andy Rutledge

Old 26-01-2004, 09:57 PM
Andy Rutledge

-----------------------

Old 26-01-2004, 10:03 PM
Andy Rutledge

Old 29-01-2004, 06:13 PM
Robhunter14

Go to http://homestead.com/ Its about $70 per year, very easy to make and
maintain a web page.You don't need any special skills.. they have a free trali
offer.

Old 29-01-2004, 06:13 PM
Robhunter14

Old 29-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Go to http://homestead.com/ Its about $70 per year, very easy to make and
maintain a web page.You don't need any special skills..

I can second that. I used to have a Homestead page, but the software (which is excellent) wasn't Mac-compatible, so I gave it up. Currently I have a website with bluedomino, and the coffeecup software requires you to know a little html, so it's not as fr
iendly.

Nina

Old 06-02-2004, 06:20 AM
Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL

I would second what Harry suggested. Open a club account with a reputable
ISP (e.g. AOL, MSN,...) and they will give you some limited space for a
homepage. Use that until is becomes clear that this is something you really
want to do. It will also give you an opportunity to browse around different
sites and see what you like, learn the necessary software, and experiment
before jumping in with both feet and lots of $$$.

Jeff Isom
Cleveland, OH / Sunset Zone 39