Old 19-12-2003, 06:43 AM
lynette g smith

Default [IBC] Carving slate (muck)

I made a batch of muck last week, by mixing some clay I picked up from the
building site next door. I added water until it was a slurry and then added
well rotted duck manure that has a bit of straw in it to about a 50/50 mix.
It has held up over two heavy rain storms without any damage. So I thing it
will hold until the roots of the shorty figs, grow enough to hold the soil
together.
Lynette
Sydney Australia
----- Orig likely some who advertise on the IBC site. Mix with peat and
water and
...voila.

With a little bit of snipping.

I have used the type of clay that is used for water lillys. Just let it
soak in water to become soft and mix with eg peat moss.

Henrik Gistvall, Uppsala, Sweden

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 19-12-2003, 02:44 PM
Marty Haber

Great idea - but doesn't duck manure carry an unwelcome odor?
Marty
[...]

****

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 19-12-2003, 03:33 PM
Jim Lewis

Great idea - but doesn't duck manure carry an unwelcome odor?
Marty

I made a batch of muck last week, by mixing some clay I

picked up from the
building site next door. I added water until it was a slurry

and then
added
well rotted duck manure

Not if it is "well rotted" -- composted. I use horse manure
compost, since I have an almost unlimited supply.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - VEGETARIAN:
An Indian word meaning "lousy hunter." (Borrowed from a sig by
fellow listowner, Scott Peterson)

OT pumpkin carving online Ka30P Ponds 5 01-11-2004 03:47 PM
[IBC] Carving slate Andy Rutledge Bonsai 12 17-12-2003 09:07 PM
Carving slate Allen Bonsai 0 16-12-2003 10:32 PM
[IBC] bonsai wood carving gloves dalecochoy Bonsai 10 02-12-2003 08:22 PM