Old 24-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Robert Seele

Default [IBC] It's called what?!!]

A car company can move its factories to Mexico and claim it's a free
market.

A toy company can out-source to a Chinese sub-contractor and claim it's
a free market.

A major bank can incorporate in Bermuda to avoid taxes and claim it's a
free market.

We can buy HP Printers made in Mexico. We can buy shirts made in
Bangladesh.

We can purchase almost anything we want from many different countries

BUT, heaven help the elderly who dare to buy their prescription drugs
from a Canadian (Or Mexican) pharmacy.

That's called un-American!

And you think the pharmaceutical companies don't have a powerful lobby?
Think again!

Bob Seele

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 24-12-2003, 06:42 PM
Olde Hippie

" A car company can move its factories to Mexico and claim it's a free
market.

A toy company can out-source to a Chinese sub-contractor and claim it's
a free market.

A major bank can incorporate in Bermuda to avoid taxes and claim it's a
free market.

We can buy HP Printers made in Mexico. We can buy shirts made in
Bangladesh.

We can purchase almost anything we want from many different countries

BUT, heaven help the elderly who dare to buy their prescription drugs
from a Canadian (Or Mexican) pharmacy.

That's called un-American!

And you think the pharmaceutical companies don't have a powerful lobby?
Think again!"

Not sure what brought this all on, but perhaps you live in the wrong state
or do not have a governor that cares? Here is a link to an article in
nearby local newspaper. Note, they update a lot so I will post a part of
the article in case it is not available when you check the link.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/state/dec03/194984.asp

From Milwaukee, Wisconsin Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel:

"State plans Web link to Canada pharmacies
Despite threatened U.S. lawsuit, Doyle says cheaper drugs needed
By BRUCE MURPHY

Defying the federal government, Gov. Jim Doyle announced Tuesday that he
will create a state Web site to help people in Wisconsin buy cheaper
prescription drugs from Canada.

The move comes despite a threat from the Bush administration that the
federal government could sue states and cities that take such actions.

"The federal government is doing everything to stop people from getting
affordable drugs," Doyle said Tuesday.

He said the drug companies "are getting their way" in Washington, D.C., on
the issue.

Doyle said the Web site would help direct people to "reputable" online
pharmacies in Canada that follow standards set by the U.S. Food and Drug
Administration."

There is more, but I didn't copy it all........

Maybe if other states would defy this wrong-headed thinking by the Federal G
overnment the "rules" would change?

Olde Hippie

--
to reply direct, repair: oldehippie at hotmail dot com

"Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts will"
"I prefer to perambulate to the tempo of a different percussionist"
"Stupidity is believing much, while understanding little"
....Charles A. Meyers