Old 02-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Andy Rutledge

Default [IBC] 5th World Bonsai Convention 2005

Hi all,

Just a note to let you know about the website for the 5th World Bonsai
Convention in 2005. The site is located at
http://www.bonsai-wbff.org/wbc5/main.htm . Right now, only the dates,
overview of the event, list of featured guests/speakers and contact
information is available. More information will be added as it becomes
available.

This is an event hosted by the World Bonsai Friendship Federation every 4
years. In 2005, the North American member organization (North American
Bonsai Federation) will host the event in Washington, D.C.. This event is
special in that it is sponsored by ABS, BCI, NBF, Patomac Bonsai Association
and the U.S. National Arboretum. Also, ABS and BCI will hold their annual
meetings in conjunction with this event. Seems like a great example of the
North American bonsai community coming together for a nice international
cause.

I hope that all here keep this event in mind and visit the site occasionally
for updated information. Hope to see you all there in 2005!

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
webmaster, WBFF/NABF www.bonsai-wbff.org

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 02-01-2004, 11:32 PM
Craig Cowing

Andy Rutledge wrote:

Hi all,

Just a note to let you know about the website for the 5th World Bonsai
Convention in 2005. The site is located at
http://www.bonsai-wbff.org/wbc5/main.htm . Right now, only the dates,
overview of the event, list of featured guests/speakers and contact
information is available. More information will be added as it becomes
available.

snip

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
webmaster, WBFF/NABF www.bonsai-wbff.org

Thanks Andy. My brother and his wife live outside of DC, so I'm hoping to stay
there. I'm already getting excited about it, especially after seeing the list of
who will be presenting.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 03-01-2004, 12:03 AM
David J. Bockman

Is it too early to know what the vetting process will be for bonsai chosen
for display/judging at this event?

Bunabayashi Bonsai On The World Wide Web: http://www.bunabayashi.com
email:

Old 03-01-2004, 12:32 AM
Andy Rutledge

Hi David,

I'm not sure how that's going to be handled. I encourage you to contact
either Chris or Glenn (on the contact page) and ask if they yet know.

Kind regards,
Andy Rutledge
www.andyrutledge.com/
zone 8, Texas

Old 03-01-2004, 12:42 AM
Jim Lewis

I hope that all here keep this event in mind and visit the site

occasionally
for updated information. Hope to see you all there in 2005!

Jackie and I will be there. I'd hope that as many IBCers as
humanly possible will take part.

Where's the bar? :-)

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - VEGETARIAN:
An Indian word meaning "lousy hunter." (Borrowed from a sig by
fellow listowner, Scott Peterson)

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 03-01-2004, 08:02 AM
Alan Walker

As someone already noted, just follow Reiner. You'll find the
bar!
Actually, the Washington Hilton Towers has a very nice bar just
across from the front desk, on the other side of the elevators. The
hotel is in a great location and is a terrific facility which can easily
handle our convention. It has some notoriety as being the site where
John Hinkley attempted to assassinate Ronald Reagan in 1982(?) as he
left the hotel from the side entrance.
Alan Walker

Old 03-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Bart Thomas

..... It has some notoriety as being the site where
John Hinkley attempted to assassinate Ronald Reagan in 1982(?) as he
left the hotel from the side entrance.

Okay! We'll use the front door.

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 03-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

In a message dated 1/3/2004 9:19:28 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

It has some notoriety as being the site where
John Hinkley attempted to assassinate Ronald Reagan in 1982(?) as he
left the hotel from the side entrance.

FWIW, they are letting Hinkley out of the mental hospital for
"unsupervised" weekend visits home.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 05-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Nina Shishkoff

Hope to see you all there in 2005!

I live about an hour outside of DC, so seriously impoverished IBC'ers should start making reservations for my guest room!

Nina Shishkoff