Old 20-02-2004, 12:02 AM
Steve Wolfinger

Default [IBC] help!!!! maple trident buds swelling

I live in southeastern PA.... I was keeping my trident maple outrside at
the beginning of winter.. at the bottom of a window well outside the house.
about a month ago.... it really started getting cold.. single digits.. with
wind chills dipping well below zero.. for days at a time. So i moved him
inside.. down in the cold basement.. where the temp has been pretty steady
ranging from high 30's on really cold nights to 50 at times... winter is no
where near over yet.. but the outside day temps have been hitting the
40's... 20's at night. i just checked on him and the buds are beginning to
swell. I guess i have no choice but to get him out of the basement soon.
the buds are looking green. would it kill it to put it back outside?
I could keep it upstairs by a window for a while.. but there is a good
month and a half to go before i can put it back outside permantly... any
suggestions? keep it inside for a while.. giving it air on warmer days? or
should i contacta local greenhouse and see if they can baby sit for a while.
thanks.

++++Sponsored, in part, by Marc Zimmerman++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++