Old 28-02-2004, 04:16 PM
dalecochoy

Default [IBC] Chinese pots a-popin'

What a winter here in the NE.
It is finally supposed to warm up nice this weekend so yesterday I decided it was time to go out and water my stored trees. It'll be the first time watered since I put them away in early November. They've been frozen since then!
Wow, the chinese pots are a poppin', sides gone, feet sitting on the shelf when you pick them up, etc. Another down side to retail trees :) Now a second repot ( so they'll sell) will bring the pot cost up to what a nice Japanese pot would have costed to
begin with!. I rarely lose a Japanese pot.
Also, EVERYTHING in the yard and garden that sits on the ground ( without being 3 ft. deep anchored/footer ) is leaning or fell over! Even granite lantern is leaning. Even the greenhouse heaved up a bit so the support posts are lose. I can see I'll need a
few days in Spring to go level everything again!
Dale Cochoy, Wild Things Bonsai Studio, Hartville, Ohio
http://www.WildThingsBonsai.Com
Specializing in power wood carving tools.
Yakimono no Kokoro bonsai pottery of hand-built stoneware

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++