Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2004, 12:38 AM
Lisa Miller

Default [IBC] a little venting

Hi everyone,
Pardon my venting, but I had to tell some people who can really understand.
I came home from work last night (after a particularly lousy week too) only
to find my best tree, a beautiful Chinese Elm, sitting in the kitchen
sink...sans pot. It had been significantly damaged. This is the first tree
that I've ever been able to keep alive for a significant length of time. And
it had been thriving. I was so excited to see it begin to come to leaf this
spring. It didn't take much examination and a pathetic look on my dogs'
faces to figure out what had happened. I had just put the tree back in its
usual spot from its wintering spot a few days earlier. The temps have gotten
so much better, I was letting my tree get some sun. Well, it got more than
just sun.

I repotted the tree, but it looks just awful. There was really bad damage to
the tree limbs and roots. Apparently it made quite a chew toy for the dogs.
It's funny (sad really) they've never show even the slighted interest in any
of my trees, plants or flowers in the past.

Have any of you ever brought back a tree after serious animal-inflicted
damage?

thanks for listening,
Lisa Miller
Westmnster, MD
zone 6/7

Learn how to help protect your privacy and prevent fraud online at Tech
Hacks & Scams. http://special.msn.com/msnbc/techsafety.armx

++++Sponsored, in part, by Ken Rutledge++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++