Old 21-04-2004, 02:04 AM
Mike

Default Trident maple and juniper problem

Hey guys,

I decided to switch my trident maple i got a few months ago to a larger
training pot so the trunk will grow.

Problem is I made the switch and now it seems to be dying, i have it in
a large pot and i have been watering it normally. I think it might be
due to the weather, in philly the weather has been a little crazy and
only now is it continually staying warm. Most of the leaves that grew
indoors have become how should i say this wilted and brown (looks as
through the leaves have been burnt if you know what i mean). Any
suggestions?

Also i have a small juniper and it looks nice except for one branch has
become completely brown, should i snip it off? the rest of the tree
looks fine, but hasnt had really any new growth?

Any help would be great.
--

Mike

----------------
Old 21-04-2004, 08:02 AM
Theo

Mike wrote:

Hey guys,

I decided to switch my trident maple i got a few months ago to a larger
training pot so the trunk will grow.

Problem is I made the switch

what do you mean by switch?

and now it seems to be dying, i have it in
a large pot and i have been watering it normally. I think it might be
due to the weather, in philly the weather has been a little crazy and
only now is it continually staying warm. Most of the leaves that grew
indoors have become how should i say this wilted and brown (looks as
through the leaves have been burnt if you know what i mean). Any
suggestions?

trident are very strong mine survived even to oil chocking but check
trootage if wihite it is ok if balck and viscous is dead
so you need to clean all dead parts and repot

did you push him to bud out inside your home?
did he has winter rest?
if you did so your tree is probably exausted.. and this first grow
will wither

Also i have a small juniper and it looks nice except for one branch has
become completely brown, should i snip it off? the rest of the tree
looks fine, but hasnt had really any new growth?

check the soil & roots condition and watering maybe you keep the soil
soggy and is not good

or ICQ 25 666 169 4

L'Umiltą č la Peggiore delle Presunzioni (la Rochefocault)

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its
limits."
-Albert Einstein