Old 22-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Dunk - del SAFETYNET to reply

Default Sageretia Help (Possibly dead already)

Hi,
I've a sageretia, that was a gift almost 2 years ago, my first bonsai.
Last winter it's leaves all fell off, but as they fell off, new ones grew
almost
as fast, I lost one brach though that noghing has regrown on and seems to
be dead.
(I cut a branch to find no green) This winter the rest of the leaves
started to dry up
with no regrowth. I checked out the roots to find them almost gone, no
signs
of any beasties but I don't know how to look for fungal infection. I've
repotted it but the leaves continued to dry up but not fall off unless
provoked.

I cut it back a bit to find it still green in the ares that had leaves
with the exception
of dead branch from last year.

Is there any hope for my bonsai? Could I cut and grow a branch? I don't
want to give up
on it but it's not shown much sign of life in months (I'm still watering &
spraying)

Cheers,
Dunk