Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-06-2004, 12:03 AM
James Allan

Default [IBC] slabs/collecting in the UK

Hi,

As a recent immigrant to the UK (from Toronto) I've been wondering what
the rules and regulations are for collecting material in the UK (aside
from the ones mentioned). Is there a gov. dept. that deals with this
sort of thing?

Best wishes,
James

Oxford, UK

kevin bailey wrote:

Thought I recognised that as I was reading :-)

This last paragraph 'The new trespass laws, included in the Criminal
Justice Act, allow prosecution for trespass. Permission must be
obtained, if you move off
public rights of way, to wander on private land anywhere in the UK.' is
probably overdue for revision. The problem is that I am still not
certain what the new 'right to roam' act really means. Must start
looking!

Yes we are a small island but there are still plenty of places that feel
really wild. In reality though, hardly any of it is unchanged by mans
influence. Virtually none of our original climax vegetation survives.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Worm collecting farms - collecting/harvesting worms? anm Edible Gardening 0 19-08-2009 11:27 AM
[IBC] SLABS Carl Rosner Bonsai 0 03-06-2005 11:56 AM
[IBC] slabs Rodger Kessler Bonsai 20 30-06-2004 03:04 AM
[IBC] handmade slabs Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 1 19-06-2004 01:05 AM
[IBC] Hypertufa for natural rock planters and slabs kevin bailey Bonsai 0 27-07-2003 12:02 AM