Old 05-08-2004, 01:46 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Looking for Roots2

I am cross posting this to a number of lists. Roots2 has been recommended to
me as a root stimulant for Florida Buttonwoods and I would like to try it.
Does anyone out there know a vendor on line?

Billy on the Florida Space Coast

++++Sponsored, in part, by Chris Cochrane++++

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 05-08-2004, 04:31 AM
Bart Thomas

me as a root stimulant for Florida Buttonwoods and I would like to try it.
Does anyone out there know a vendor on line?

A Google search turned up http://www.randysbonsai.com/rbmisc.htm

Scroll down to see it.

Old 05-08-2004, 04:31 AM
Bart Thomas

Old 05-08-2004, 10:50 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

In a message dated 8/4/2004 11:32:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

A Google search turned up
http://www.randysbonsai.com/rbmisc.htm

Scroll down to see it.

Randy no longer sells it, but has a substitute he says is better.

Old 05-08-2004, 01:23 PM
Michael Persiano

Gang:

I almost regret the day that I was asked to work with the product and explore its use in bonsai culture. Subsequently, I introduced this product to the bonsai community. Roots has clearly not been responsive to the needs of the bonsai practitioner: the product is extremely difficult to find in practical quantities.

Someone recently told me that they were forced to purchase one gallon of liquid roots for over $100. I have had discussion with their marketing team, which has obviously not yielded positive results.

With that said, it is a remarkable product, and you will actually have to cut back on its use to minimize the frequency of repottings.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob

Old 05-08-2004, 05:17 PM
Michael Persiano

If it did, the big guys -- Peters, Schultz, MiracleGro, Ortho, &
etc.. etc., etc. -- would produce it and you wouldn't have to
search for tiny, garage-based companies whose presidents claim
the "giant corporations are conspiring to keep their miraculous
product off the shelves." (And Roots 2 would be produced and
sold by the gazillions of gallons, or quarts, or pints, or --
like STUPORthrive -- fractions of an ounce.)

Well, here is where I go out on a limb. Roots is produced in large quantities for professional application and the product UNEQUIVOCALLY works. Many of the folks in the UK have decided not to use it because of the need to frequently repot their specimens (when the solution is applied on a long-term basis.)

On another note, I have professional worked with Schultz, and I can assure you that they are not as big as one would like to imagine.

So, if you can find Roots 2 and afford the price, the results will be remarkable. I have NEVER had roots develop so quickly and so massively with any other product.

And I do not own stock in Roots. );-))

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob