Old 26-08-2004, 12:07 AM
AJCarroll1019

Default curious question

i have read thoroughly through websites and articles and basically everywhere i
can and i cant seem to find a simple answer for this.What exactly does the term
"yamadori" mean.If someone could just give me a simple definition it would
really be appreciated.please someone end my frustration lol.
thanks
Aaron
Old 26-08-2004, 01:18 AM
Carl L Rosner

Aaron:
In the most simplest terms, as I understand the word Yamadori , it means
collected". Some people collect Yamadori in the wild, (with permission from
the owner of the land) or "urban Yamadori", where someone has collected from
a garden. Such as a Boxwood, which was part of a hedge.

As I said this is the simplest use of the term.

Carl L. Rosner

i have read thoroughly through websites and articles and basically
everywhere i
can and i cant seem to find a simple answer for this.What exactly does the
term
"yamadori" mean.If someone could just give me a simple definition it would
really be appreciated.please someone end my frustration lol.
thanks
Aaron

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 26-08-2004, 01:59 AM
Marty Haber

Easy question- Yamadori is a tree which has been found in the wilderness
and trained as a bonsai, as opposed to a bonsai which originated in a
nursery or which was grown from a seed or cutting.
Marty
i have read thoroughly through websites and articles and basically

everywhere i
can and i cant seem to find a simple answer for this.What exactly does the

term
"yamadori" mean.If someone could just give me a simple definition it would
really be appreciated.please someone end my frustration lol.
thanks
Aaron

****

****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 26-08-2004, 05:12 AM
Alan Walker

Aaron: Others have given you the definition you asked for. I
just want to alert you and others to the IBC FAQ at
http://internetbonsaiclub.org/faq.php and the Knowledge Base at
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/knowbase.php
In the latter you will find a dictionary of Japanese and
horticultural terms and definitions. Surprisingly, yamadori is
not one of the terms defined here; however, most other bonsai
terms you'll run into are defined here.

Alan Walker

Old 26-08-2004, 07:29 AM
Theo

AJCarroll1019 wrote:

i have read thoroughly through websites and articles and basically everywhere i
can and i cant seem to find a simple answer for this.What exactly does the term
"yamadori" mean.If someone could just give me a simple definition it would
really be appreciated.please someone end my frustration lol.
thanks
Aaron

collecting trees in the wild ... with a licence (normally)

MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :

Old 26-08-2004, 08:24 AM
Mike Bennett

Yamadori means taken from a mountain, however it's a phrase that's been
hijacked a little to mean taken from the wild

Mike Bennett
http://www.bonsaiartists.co.uk

i have read thoroughly through websites and articles and basically

everywhere i
can and i cant seem to find a simple answer for this.What exactly does

the term
"yamadori" mean.If someone could just give me a simple definition it

would
really be appreciated.please someone end my frustration lol.
thanks
Aaron

collecting trees in the wild ... with a licence (normally)

MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :

****

****
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

[IBC] curious question Daniel Avrin Bonsai 3 26-08-2004 02:34 AM
curious question AJCarroll1019 Bonsai 0 26-08-2004 12:07 AM
nice post, but curious Bob A Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 20-04-2003 06:25 AM
nice post, but curious Bob A Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 13-03-2003 03:20 PM
Just curious, for now Ted Byers Orchids 4 15-02-2003 10:27 PM