Old 30-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Italian Stone Pine

On 30 Aug 2004 at 2:30, Iris Cohen wrote:

Does anyone know if you can make a raft from Pinus pinea?

Well, you'd need several large trees and some strong rope to tie
the trunks together. g

Seriously, though, they're hard enough to keep alive in a pot
"as is." I'd think making a raft bonsai would be pushing it.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 30-08-2004, 09:16 PM
marco favero

At 04.30 30/08/2004, Iris Cohen wrote:
Does anyone know if you can make a raft from Pinus pinea?
Iris,

Iris ,
all is possible in this life,I agree with Kevin, do you have enough low
branches
to make a raft? If yes ,go .In any case know that pinus pinea has a strong
inclination for growing up fast , leaving lower branches . Good luck.

marco

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 30-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Theo

I have a pinus pinea from Viareggio seeds, 7 yo, and they do not grow fast
but they make a lot of low branches.. ( a pic can be supplied if
required)

so these branches can be used to make a raft

marco favero wrote:

At 04.30 30/08/2004, Iris Cohen wrote:

Does anyone know if you can make a raft from Pinus pinea?
Iris,

Iris ,
all is possible in this life,I agree with Kevin, do you have enough low
branches
to make a raft? If yes ,go .In any case know that pinus pinea has a strong
inclination for growing up fast , leaving lower branches . Good luck.

marco

I have a pinus pinea from Viareggio seeds, 7 yo, and they do not grow fast
but they make a lot of low branches.. in teh beguinning ( a pic can
be supplied if required)

so these branches can be used to make a raft I have a pinus pinea
from Viareggio seeds, 7 yo, and they do not grow fast
but they make a lot of low branches.. ( a pic can be supplied if
required)

so these branches if the main trunk is partially buried are perfect
for making raft kabudaki Kurabuki Ikadabuki or natsunagari

the problem is that our span of life is too short to get something
good out of pine seedlings

MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :