Old 02-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Corcoran. Bil

Default [IBC] Large Plastic Tray - pot

Hi everyone. I just purchased my first really large tree. It is in a
24-inch round growing pot. I'm trying to find some source or some idea
for a plastic tray to catch the water runoff. Since it is an indoor
tree I have to bring it inside in a month or so and I need a larger tray
to catch the water that drips from the pot. Any idea where I can find
such a large round plastic tray? I have checked all of our sponsors
with no luck so far.

Also since I'll now be looking for a pot that is about 28-inches x
15-inches x 4-inches I'd like to hear some suggestions on where to find
such a pot. Again I've checked our sponsors and there only seem to be a
few pots that size.

Thanks
wmcorcor

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 02-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Jim Lewis

On 2 Sep 2004 at 9:29, Corcoran. Bil wrote:

Hi everyone. I just purchased my first really large tree. It is in a
24-inch round growing pot. I'm trying to find some source or some idea
for a plastic tray to catch the water runoff. Since it is an indoor
tree I have to bring it inside in a month or so and I need a larger tray
to catch the water that drips from the pot. Any idea where I can find
such a large round plastic tray? I have checked all of our sponsors
with no luck so far.

Look in auto supply store for grease/oil drip pan.
Look in kitchen supply store for pizza tray.

Also since I'll now be looking for a pot that is about 28-inches x
15-inches x 4-inches I'd like to hear some suggestions on where to find
such a pot. Again I've checked our sponsors and there only seem to be a
few pots that size.

I'd suggest a mica pot for a while. The Monastery has them, I
know, and probably other sponsors.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 02-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Corcoran. Bil

Thanks Jim. Good ideas. I did try one of those plastic tubs that hold
beer kegs and ice but it was too small.

==

Old 02-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Craig Cowing

"Corcoran. Bil" wrote:

Hi everyone. I just purchased my first really large tree. It is in a
24-inch round growing pot. I'm trying to find some source or some idea
for a plastic tray to catch the water runoff. Since it is an indoor
tree I have to bring it inside in a month or so and I need a larger tray
to catch the water that drips from the pot. Any idea where I can find
such a large round plastic tray? I have checked all of our sponsors
with no luck so far.

Also since I'll now be looking for a pot that is about 28-inches x
15-inches x 4-inches I'd like to hear some suggestions on where to find
such a pot. Again I've checked our sponsors and there only seem to be a
few pots that size.

Thanks
wmcorcor

Depending on how big the diameter is a horse feeding pan might work. Also, you
might find a round plastic drip pan in the garden section at Home Depot, Walmart or
Lowe's. I have found them with diameters in excess of 20"/

For a pot, I'd go with a mica pot.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 02-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Jim Lewis

On 2 Sep 2004 at 9:59, Corcoran. Bil wrote:

Thanks Jim. Good ideas. I did try one of those plastic tubs that hold
beer kegs and ice but it was too small.

I hope you drank the beer first. ;-)

jim

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 03-09-2004, 01:00 AM
AncientLegend

Check out the plastic trays that caterers use for deli trays.

--
AncientLegend
AncientLegend's Profile: http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/member.p...fo&userid=1559