Old 05-10-2004, 01:04 PM
Isom, Jeff , EM, PTL

Default [IBC] Trident Maple wintering

Michael,

I live just south of Cleveland, so relatively similar temps in winter. I had tridents planted in the ground with no additional protection last year. They survived just fine, BUT had quite a bit of dieback at the tops. Someone on the list (Iris, I think) suggested using rose cones as additional protection. Craig's suggestion to keep them out of the wind is probably the biggest thing if they are kept in the ground. I'm actually thinking of digging them up and storing in the garage or sunporch when the temps start threatening to go below 20.

Jeff Isom
Cleveland, OH / Sunset Zone 39

Old 05-10-2004, 02:59 PM
Kitsune Miko

Arg! and I gave the new bride and groom a shohin
trident! Sorry folks.

Kitsune Miko

=====
****
"Expectations are resentments under construction."

Anne Lamott

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++