Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2004, 11:28 PM
Jim Lewis

On 2 Nov 2004 at 22:57, kevin bailey wrote:

I know this one's been around before and I have got Jim
Lewis's excellent advice on trips around Tokyo saved.

Does anyone else have favourite places to go, things to see
and do in Japan. I am hopefully going from February 8th to
17th. It's an organised tour and the elements of the schedule
proposed a-

▪ Visit to Kinashi Bonsai Village – the largest Bonsai
village in Japan (over 270 gardens) â–ª Visit to Omiya Bonsai
Village – Bonsai village near Tokyo ▪ Entry to Kokufu
Bonsai-ten – the biggest annual Bonsai event in Japan ▪
Guided tours of Kyoto, Tokyo and Nara (Japan’s former
ancient capital) ▪ Visit to Korakuen – one of Japan’s
top 3 most celebrated gardens ▪ Travel on Japan’s famous
Bullet Train â–ª 8 nights hotel accommodation (4 nights Kyoto
and 4 nights Tokyo) â–ª Japanese Breakfast daily â–ª Welcome
Dinner on first night of arrival and Farewell Dinner on the
last night â–ª Scheduled return non-stop Economy class flights
with Japan Airlines â–ª Airport transfers from Osaka Airport
to Kyoto on arrival and from Tokyo to Narita Airport (Tokyo
New International) on departure â–ª Services of a
knowledgeable Japan Journey’s guide throughout

Cheers

Kev Bailey Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales

Have a great time, he said enviously. How long a flight is it
from (I assume) Gatwick? It is 13 hours for us from Atlanta.

If you are looking for a good Japanese guidebook, the "Open
Road" Guide is excellent. Frommer's is close behind it.
Fodor's is only for those who want to pay a lot of money.

Be sure to sample from the Soba stands (carts) on city streets.
There, you will get some of the best food in Japan. Make sure
you have a lot of yen change; the cheapest beers are from
vending machines. WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!! ;-)

Kirin Ichiban is the best beer -- much better than the Kirin you
get over here!

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Bonsaiests
are like genealogists: We know our roots!

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++