Old 03-11-2004, 04:20 AM
Alan Walker

Kevin: Sounds like a cool trip. Wish I was going with you!
I presume you already know about this, but anyone traveling anywhere in Asia, including Japan, should browse through the Bonsai in Asia Guidebook web site by John Oldland at http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Palace/7574/
The section on Japan is at http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Palace/7574/japan.html

Alan Walker

Old 03-11-2004, 05:10 PM
dalecochoy

Kevin,
That sounds like a great trip schedule for sure. Who is sponsor/guide of
the trip?
Save money for Green Club and wear your "drool bucket" ala Saturday Night
Live Circa '75 :)
For gifts, there are GREAT gift marts in both Kyoto and Tokyo, but Kyoto is
a bit bigger. Great place for most non-bonsai gifts to take home and even a
few bonsai related artworks. They make and you can watch them do block
prints there. Huge selection.
Just down the street a tad from the one in Tokyo there is a CHEAP sushi
place of the type with the conveyor belt running by and yu can take plates
off then they tally up when you leave. CHEAP!
I found the breakfasts so great ( especially at the New Miyako hotel in
Kyoto across from bus/train station) that i could usually save money by not
needing to eat again until evening. :)

wish I was going!
Regards,
Dale

[...]

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 03-11-2004, 07:09 PM
kevin bailey

Thanks everyone for the comments, advice and encouragement. I'm certain
to enjoy it, just hope I can fit in a few more of the things I'd really
like to do. A photo shoot near Mt Fuji at dawn would be high on my list.
A little Suiseki hunt (either shopping or a river bed) would also be
nice. Just not certain there will be enough free time.

The company is Japan Journeys in London
http://www.japanjourneys.co.uk/index.htm
and I'm making enquiries about the guide.

Cheers

Kev Bailey
Vale Of Clwyd, North Wales

That sounds like a great trip schedule for sure. Who is sponsor/guide
of
the trip?

---

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++