Old 10-11-2004, 07:50 PM
Theo

Richard Patefield wrote:

Jim Lewis wrote:

On 10 Nov 2004 at 7:24, Theo wrote:

Massimo you have a TOO big EGO calm down :-)

try to understand actually with all the problem of viruses and
trojan horses everybidy is a little bit scared before dowloading
and executing whatever

Actually "everybody" shouldn't be.

Only those who are so dumb they don't keep their virus and spyware
programs up to date

Virus definitions and suchlike are always 'out of date'. Computer
security companies don't issue updates until after they have
discovered a vulnerability. How could they?

Richard

thanks to come to my rescue :-D
tonite I ate this I made it myself , it was excellent

http://groups.msn.com/BonsaiItalia/s...to&PhotoID=935
MSN messanger / or ICQ 25 666 169 4
Private Mail :

Old 12-11-2004, 08:32 AM
Joe The Know?

Massimo.... thanks for developing a nifty and practical application!
With a couple of tweeks MyBonsai could be a really great and useful
application I've used it for a few days now and think it is pretty cool.
Happy to register for free......yes all it takes is a little email message
and it's free (scary to some people I know)
But overall a great idea!!

Only problem is it seems even after I install the English language dat file,
some parts of MyBonsai are still in Italian. For example: the STYLE and
PROPAGATION dropdown menus are in Italian and Japanese wording. Any
possibilty of a fix in the future? (and yes I know the Japanese wording is
essential)
Anyway looking forward to version 1.2 !

FOR THE MISTRUSTING.........
Regarding certain people's intial reaction to the original posting :::
Seems some people are too busy being paranoid and 'net authorative' and have
forgotten basic manners and courtesy. I'm appalled by this group's reaction
to someone trying to do something positive for online bonsai enthusiasts. I
can see the headlines now: - 'Online Bonsai Enthusiasts targeted by the
international hacker elite for being 'mean' to plants by way of
rootpruning ...now for the weather" - Gees, we're just sitting ducks aren't
we? Get a grip.

FOR THE LAZY...
I personally think it's *great* that someone offers sound net security
advice ( I do it at work all the time), but it should be done in such a way
that doesn't UNFAIRLY undermine someones work.
And yes, if you're too lazy and ignorant to update your viruscanner
definitions and don't run even a basic up-to-date firewall in this day and
age - then suffer the consequences, don't hijack someone's efforts to do
something constructive and useful with your neurosis and paranoia......

FOR THE NEUROTIC (or just plain bored like me)......
Scanned by Norton Antivirus (definitions 11/11/04) -
No Virus Threat Detected

Zonealarm and Sygate reports-
No trojan like activity, no asking to 'phone home', no opening of ports,
no browser hi-jacking, no adware, nor any attempted outgoing TCP
or UDP connections....are we dead yet?

Lovely, I'm sold !

Joe

"Theo" wrote in message

http://groups.msn.com/BonsaiItalia/s...=ShowPhoto&Pho

Old 12-11-2004, 05:08 PM
Theo

Hi Joe
Joe The Know? wrote:

FOR THE LAZY...
I personally think it's *great* that someone offers sound net security
advice ( I do it at work all the time), but it should be done in such a way
that doesn't UNFAIRLY undermine someones work.
And yes, if you're too lazy and ignorant to update your viruscanner
definitions and don't run even a basic up-to-date firewall in this day and
age - then suffer the consequences, don't hijack someone's efforts to do
something constructive and useful with your neurosis and paranoia......

Heroes go to war and gets the medals post mortem
the others will cash benefits after the war is over

this was not the point
nobody is paranoiac, I receive per day 50 mails and at least 10 are
rejected as infected , and some are blocked inside by Norton
some viruses are new
nobody knows altruist Massimo that comes out from nowhere and offers
you to register an .exe file... for your bonsai's....

The intention is excellent but sounds fishy

I am a very active person in the Italian & french Bonsai site and
I never sow Massimo there , as being also in Italian the program , would
be supposed to offered there first
well nobody is prophet in his homeland I know ...

scalded cats scare cold water , is said and nowadays we always
have to be careful and is not bein paranoic but just to to be careful
means to have common sense ...
just my two cents

Old 12-11-2004, 05:51 PM
Richard Patefield

Joe The Know? wrote,

(snipped)

If you had used an email address and a human name, or had ever posted
anything to the list that I had noticed, I might take your comments a
bit more seriously. As it is you headed for the killfile.

Feel free to comment in anyway you like, but don't dictate to others
how they may respond Your knowledge of good manners might have told
you that..

Richard

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 12-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Marty Haber

This thread reminds me of the last time I was in a chicken coop: lots of
clucking and a foul odor.

[...]

..

"Theo" wrote in message

Richard Patefield wrote:

Jim Lewis wrote:

[...]

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 12-11-2004, 06:50 PM
Richard Patefield

Marty Haber wrote:

This thread reminds me...

So you add more clucking?

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 12-11-2004, 07:38 PM
Lynn Boyd

Old 12-11-2004, 07:38 PM
Lynn Boyd

Old 12-11-2004, 07:49 PM
Theo

frankly we are making a storm in a glass of water ..
the style of joe the Know was a little bit unecessarily teasing ...
I do not think we deserve disrespect and mockery just because we are
cautious!
than eveyrybody does as he pleases.

Richard Patefield wrote:

Marty Haber wrote:

This thread reminds me...

So you add more clucking?

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 12-11-2004, 07:49 PM
Theo

frankly we are making a storm in a glass of water ..
the style of joe the Know was a little bit unecessarily teasing ...
I do not think we deserve disrespect and mockery just because we are
cautious!
than eveyrybody does as he pleases.

Richard Patefield wrote:

Marty Haber wrote:

This thread reminds me...

So you add more clucking?

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Old 12-11-2004, 11:43 PM
Ireneu Castillo

My friend... our trees are sleeping... like some neurons.

What a tedium!!!

-Ireneu-

En/na Theo ha escrit:

frankly we are making a storm in a glass of water ..
the style of joe the Know was a little bit unecessarily teasing ...
I do not think we deserve disrespect and mockery just because we are
cautious!
than eveyrybody does as he pleases.

Richard Patefield wrote:

Marty Haber wrote:

This thread reminds me...

So you add more clucking?

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Visiteu F̣rum Bonsai Obert:
http://bonsaiobert.ya.st

El Bonsai en Català
Old 12-11-2004, 11:43 PM
Ireneu Castillo

My friend... our trees are sleeping... like some neurons.

What a tedium!!!

-Ireneu-

En/na Theo ha escrit:

frankly we are making a storm in a glass of water ..
the style of joe the Know was a little bit unecessarily teasing ...
I do not think we deserve disrespect and mockery just because we are
cautious!
than eveyrybody does as he pleases.

Richard Patefield wrote:

Marty Haber wrote:

This thread reminds me...

So you add more clucking?

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Visiteu F̣rum Bonsai Obert:
http://bonsaiobert.ya.st

El Bonsai en Català

Free Software Downloads = Freeware = and ¤ Shareware _________ [email protected] United Kingdom 0 24-07-2008 09:13 AM
Try MyBonsai - free software developed by me Mamo Bonsai 0 08-11-2005 09:54 PM
Garden CAD freeware Hougaarden Lawns 5 28-06-2003 06:32 PM
Garden Record Keeping Freeware? Pat Meadows Edible Gardening 0 24-02-2003 01:39 PM